Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looking to buy 06 Baja...but want to ask acouple questions first

umm...don't judge a book by the cover, dude. i work with concrete, drive a truck that has equipment thrashed in the pickup bed, own a hard hat and work boots that are used every day. while i drive an outback, i am a working man who does work on construction sites. i don't have the luxury of throwing large, heavy objects into the back of my wagon or company truck, i still wouldn't throw them in if given the chance. the kinetic energy of a large rock hurdling toward the bottom of the bed is too much of an insurance risk from my point of view. why drop stuff like that when you can take two seconds to place it in the bed? besides, end result: baja can still haul it if not dropped in bed.

it could handle the stuff i haul in my company rig if the bed was a little longer. easy if it was available in a brat-like 2-door model. while its bed isn't drop a big slab of concrete in there capable, it will drive it where ever you need it. and thats the important part.

Not judging at all. It isn't you its someone else who drops the cmu or Concrete masonry unit/cinder block in there. I wouldn't even trust most places on dropping a bucket of 2b stone in there from a height w/o hurting it or the roof line. My brat was a pain and it was longer than the bucket too!

totally took it the wrong way then. sorry to snap. didn't think about others dropping cmus and concrete cylinders in there. i'm in the engineering/inspection business, so everything that goes in the bed is without assistance (and carefully placed, because we have to crush it later!:grin: )