Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 rear sway bar mounts

so....I pulled an XT6 rear sway bar at the junkyard a couple months ago, and I have no idea how it was mounted. anyone have pics? anyone put a sway bar on a car that didn't come with one? this is going in my '92 loyale wagon, with '85 GL wagon trailing arms......

if it doesn't have the mounts on the trailing arms, you're gonna need to swpa trailing arms or figure out a way to connect the mounts to the trailing arms you currently have.

yea, I figured I could just drill and tap the holes, but I don't remember how it went on there, so I'm not sure where to put them....but it doesn't look like there's a place there.

ugh, I hope that '88 t-wagon is still at the yard!

its more complex that actually just bolting them on... you need the trailing arms with the little square perch welded on... then you can bolt the mounts to those perches. So maybe you can weld on the mounting area... but you better be a darn good welder. Best bet is to get the rear end off a wrecked RX or something..

It's not terribly difficult to dremel off the mounts, and weld them to another control arm. It's been done. They are litterally just some bent peices of metal with a capture nut in them. Being that the EA81 never had rear sway's here in the states, in order to fit the EA82 rear bar we have to weld the mounts to the control arms.

But if you already have an EA82 - swapping the control arm itself is just as much work, and no welding involved.

GD