Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ahhhhhhhhh! they wrecked it !!!!!

:( Yesterday driving home with my new XT6 1991 so nice so beautiful, had to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting the car (Blue subaru outback) in the rear. then looking in the rear view mirror to see a Big ford truck trying to stop,

He stopped in my bumper. :eek::confused::banghead::( in that order.

I was surprised that the car took such a blow and I was able to drive home, But he smashed my beauty. yes I did get hurt too in the wreck but not too bad I hope, I'll get checked out later today. But my car ............. I hope the auto body can do something, these cars aren't as common as neon's or bugs

I can probably find parts better than they can.

The damage is not too bad, but they car was perfect (in my mind) now it's not to bad. ....Still make a nice rally car... who needs a trunk anyway. you can always gain access to that extra storage through the back seat right?

:mad:

Since it was in perfect condition I would say call it totalled and get as much as possible out of it. I got my XT6 screwed too but I need the right rear suspension set up and I haven't found anything yet. Either way good luck.

Well here is the update and yes the one at richies shop the pearl white is the car.

The insurance is taking it as a total loss they told me that the est. to fix is $4400 :eek: The car took it pretty good, The bumper, tail lights, and trunk need replaced and yes the drivers side rear quarter panel is rippled. but the drivability of the car is 100%.

I think they totaled it because they could not find parts.

skishop69

I can use parts bumper tail lights trunk lid oh all most forgot I need a new drivers seat mine broke during the crash.

The doctor says after my X-ray that my neck is crooked now. he is trying to put it back into place, but that is painful.

If I ever figure out how to upload pics on this site I will show you guys the damage, But none of the pics I upload ever come in :confused:

... If I ever figure out how to upload pics on this site I will show you guys the damage, But none of the pics I upload ever come in :confused:

To Upload Images Here:

First of All, open an account on any free webhosting site of Images / Videos, as Photobucket (it`s Free) ( www.photobucket.com ), Image shack, etc...

Then upload your images there...

Third: open your uploaded image and then do right click on it, and select "Copy"

then: open the USMB reply, and do right click on it, then select: "Paste" the image will shown there, between text... just order it...

Also, if the image came with a some sort of blue frame, it means that the image will work as a link to your album on the website that hosts it. So if you do not deserve this, just press the "Back" button (Left arrow) on the Keyboard (NOT on the Browser!) near the image, to get rid the frame off... then continue writin`

:) Good Luck!

: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :

I just wanna tell you, that almost the same story happened to me...

It was early mornin` December 2003... I was going to do something in my White Subie... then all the cars in front of me did stop near of one corner in front, due to one driver did want to turn left...

But the Driver of a Toyota HiLux KingCab 4X4 did not saw us stop... He was comin` from behind of me, turning stations on the Radio, in Third Gear at about 60 KPH and did Not Stop untill it`s front bumber did hit my subie`s rear bumper...

My subie did hit the Toyota Yaris (Named "Echo" in U.S.A.) that was in front of me (Not much damage to that car, or my subie`s front), and I get somethin` named "LASH" on my neck... I need to use for a month, something on my neck to sustain it in the correct position... :mad: ...And my Subie get the tailgate almost "Inside" the Trunk. :slobber:

It was too dificult to fix it, but the sad part is that I still got the "Hurt" feeling on my neck, when I do some Movements... :-\

So, I suggest you to see a Doctor, and take Care with your Neck.

sorry to hear about your xt6 getting hit by a big 'ol dumb truck..
Replace "truck" with what rhymes with "truck" ;)

Sad to hear about your XT, I saw one in the wreckers today, barely any body damage (except the sun roof was broken into). it was blue too, looks so nice.

I hope you get plenty from the insurance, good luck.

You are Welcome!

:)

I saw your images right now, and I must say that I Like your XT6 Too Much, really, it is very very clean and it`s very beautyful. I like it.

:burnout:

Afortunately the damage isn`t too big, so you can fix it and again it will look soo good... maybe it is a good moment to re coat it with new paint... I suggest metallic white instead of the plain white (I call it: "Appliance" White)

My Weberized EA82 Loyale was in its original appliance white, until it get hit from behind as I told above; then I used the same appliance white, with a cover of metallic white and then with clear coat, to get it looks in this way:

WeberizedEA82.jpg

I hope you like it... Maybe is good idea to try.

Let us see images when you fix it. Your XT6 is a very nice car. :headbang:

Good Luck, and Take Care! :)

king, that looks like it would be easy to fix. Just needs to get onto a frame rack and have that corner (after everything is taken off of it) pulled out a bit I bet and weld on a couple tabs to the corner of the quarter panel and have that pulled out as well. It can be fixed, but the cost is probably gonna kill you.....

Buy it back, let them total it, adn then see if any of the community colleges in your area have an auto body program, and see what they would want to fix it. Might take 'em a while but at least you'd have your car back in good shape, that doesn't look bad at all!

Loyale 2.7 Turbo the car is pearl white by the way, I know the pic's do not show this.

The autobody shop said the repair would be 4400.00 . :eek:

For a bumper tail lights, and a trunk, ok yes there is a ripple in the quarter panel but it gives it character right.

the frame may be bent I will not know until I'm well (not sore from injuries) enough to start taking it apart.

The only major thing I feel that the parts I get more likely will be another color and my beautiful pearl white car will be not so pretty. I know I will need to repaint and not with spray paint like my Brat, it would need to be done right,............but then again if I start to rally it, who cares what color it is.

Loyale 2.7 Turbo the car is pearl white by the way, I know the pic's do not show this.

The autobody shop said the repair would be 4400.00 . :eek:

For a bumper tail lights, and a trunk, ok yes there is a ripple in the quarter panel but it gives it character right.

the frame may be bent I will not know until I'm well (not sore from injuries) enough to start taking it apart.

The only major thing I feel that the parts I get more likely will be another color and my beautiful pearl white car will be not so pretty. I know I will need to repaint and not with spray paint like my Brat, it would need to be done right,............but then again if I start to rally it, who cares what color it is.

That actually sounds about right. My wife's Tucson was $7900 to fix, and she rear ended someone pretty hard on the freeway. had to replace the front bumper, both fenders, the hood, radiator, support, all the lights and electrical bits up front, straighten the frame, align the suspension, and paint the whole front end. And the car was new enough at the time that body parts had to be shipped in from Korea. (Actually, I still have the writeup of the repair right here, it's... 6 pages long of parts and labor.)

13+ hours of paint work, 23+ hours of body work, and 2.5 hours of frame work. The labor alone came to $1850.

wow that's high but sounds like you have a lot of work needed to be done, mine is mainly cosmetic ....I hope.

And yes I have been thinking of rallying the car, I have seen Qman rally his and it was really cool and looked good with all the wrx's out on the track. :headbang:

Well here is the update and yes the one at richies shop the pearl white is the car.

The insurance is taking it as a total loss they told me that the est. to fix is $4400 :eek: The car took it pretty good, The bumper, tail lights, and trunk need replaced and yes the drivers side rear quarter panel is rippled. but the drivability of the car is 100%.

I think they totaled it because they could not find parts.

skishop69

I can use parts bumper tail lights trunk lid oh all most forgot I need a new drivers seat mine broke during the crash.

The doctor says after my X-ray that my neck is crooked now. he is trying to put it back into place, but that is painful.

If I ever figure out how to upload pics on this site I will show you guys the damage, But none of the pics I upload ever come in :confused:

The last time I was at Portland Auto Wrecking there was an XT6 in the back with a perfect body.. spot I-29 or something