Ultimate Subaru Message Board

running on 2 cylinders with an xt-6

i replaced the seals betweent he camcarier and the head now the car runs like ************ idles like ************ and i can remove 4 spark plug wires and the idle doesn't change it is harder to rev the engine up with only two plug wires connected than with all them connected. the disty is clean and dry and while far fropm new it ran fine two days ago before i started fuel pressure is fine evreythinsg is plugged in and there is spark on all six cylinders any ideas?

i'm about to cancle my vacation because of this so any help would be appreciated

i thought that at first but now i'm thinking my timing is off because only two of the cylender on the opther side are fireing i'm gonna redo my t belts tommorow and if that doesn't help i'm driving the volvo and the engine is coming out of the six am never removing the valve covers while the engine is in the car EVER AGAIN

trust me it can be done but i never will do it again

yes i did check the maf and other plugs remember the first red rocks meet i drove up there with no maf no idle air control valve no exhaust

any way evrey thing is pluged in

i think the timing may be one tooth off i'm checking it tommorow if it's not the belt i'm pulling the engine i can do a cam carrier it in 10 min flat with my eyes closed after spending 1.5hr to pull the engine

or i can spend 40 highly aggrevationg minutes working blind and do it wrong for a fourth time if the valve cover comes off again someone else is doing it or it's comming out of the car first it's been done wrong to many times besides me going to the dragon is screwed at this point any way