Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new wheels for the subie. 15" superlites.

Last week I got some new wheels... Heres a pic

performace_superlites_15x6_6stud_polished.jpg

They are Performance Superlites... (Performance is the brand BTW)

I will have some pics of them on my Brat for you tomorrow, but for now you can just see how they cleaned up...

I got them on eBay AU for $172 to my door. Thats AU dollars. I have got some tires, $460 later (and they were the cheap ones.) Rubber is expencive here.

See ya tomorrow! :D

EDIT: Check down the page for the pics on the car!

how do you fit those rims on a subaru? my dad and i are tired of searching for good nice rims to our loyale, and seems that the bolt patern is much wider than standards of other brands, we only found a pair of peugeot that fit that 4" of subaru... how you put those six bolts rims on a subie? or it came with six bolt pattern?

I am working on a 6 stud conversion guide for my website. So in a few mins I will have that up. Then I will post the pics of the wheels on my car.

Brumbyboy: Sucks how this "island" is so big huh?

The superlites came in 6 stud. They used to be fitted to a Ford Courier 2WD truck.

I also had to get some new lug nuts, as the old ones didn't fit. Well, they fit, but you can't get a 19mm socket or wheel brace onto them.. The new wheel nuts I got have a 12mm hex drive in the middel of them so you use a adaptor on the wheel brace. Worked a treat, and looks great. But there's another $40 gone.

So far I have paid:

$172 for the 4 wheels

$10 for half a tube of Autosol

$39 for 24 lug nuts.

$460 For 4 215/60R15's

I also got some 14" six lug Nissain wheels so my Mud Terrains are going on them for when I want to hit the dirt.

My old 4x140 Speedy - Dessert Rats are going my my bros wagon. Should be good when he gets his licence back :)

Pics of the car, new wheels, and six stud conversion in a moment :D

Gotta keep the suspense going :-p

It looks so much better then I thought it would.. I am not to keen on street utes, but with the 215/60R15's on the 6" wide rim it looks wicked.

I'm in love again, with my subie... Just if it would stop going wrong. It's like keeping a depressed person happy.. Now the prop shaft has a bad joint :(

I might also add that with the 215 wise tyres it handles like magic. Steerings a bit heavy in car parks. But the grip on road is fun.. keeping in mind I used to run Kumho M/T's which are super hard compound.

And because they are 25" diameter the gearing in the 4sp box feels perfect.

I was thinking these rims would look sweet on a stock height gen 1 Brat... wish I had the money to run two cars.

I might also add that with the 215 wise tyres it handles like magic. Steerings a bit heavy in car parks. But the grip on road is fun.. keeping in mind I used to run Kumho M/T's which are super hard compound.

And because they are 25" diameter the gearing in the 4sp box feels perfect.

I was thinking these rims would look sweet on a stock height gen 1 Brat... wish I had the money to run two cars.

Then just send them to me;););)

Hey, that looks great! How does the balance do on the highway, long trips? I have access to all tools mentioned , but avoided challenging the integrity of hubs/rotors. Even the alignment of rim to fender looks good. :)

Nice job! your car looks soo goood!... i wish our loyale`s rims looks like that, thank for the information about how to do the six bolts conversion, i will show it to my dad inmediatly. thank you! :-p

Re: 6 stud conversion.

The alignment is fine.. Because two of the bolts line up perfectly it is as good as driving with only two lug nuts on (which is entirely possible, and works, but not recommended) So no wheel balance problems at all.

One other thing I missed out on my first draft of the article on my site (updated now) is you really should put the lug nuts on the original studs and tighten them up, then put the other 4 on. This way it is all aligned perfect, even if your other studs aren’t quite in the right place.

Good write up Mate, I would add that the hubs are VF hard on drill bits and to have a couple spare, sharp and new.

And, drill slowly and keep it really well lubricated with some WD40 or thin oil. Let the drill do the work, don;t push too hard.

and and and...

again. Nice result.:cool: