Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So carfax says that I have no open recalls, which I believed, at first. After a moment of actually thinking (6 months after owning the car) I still have my front tow hooks. Aren't these supposed to be removed according to recalll procedures ??

found it.....

Recall Date: 12/11/1998

Summary:

VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: PASSENGER VEHICLES. INADVERTENT AIR BAG DEPLOYMENT CAN OCCUR AFTER UNDERCARRIAGE CONTACT OF THE TOW HOOKS WITH CURBS, DIPS, SPEEDBUMPS, POTHOLES, ETC.

Consequence:

UNEXPECTED AIR BAG DEPLOYMENT COULD RESULT IN PERSONAL INJURY.

Remedy:

DEALERS WILL REMOVE THE FRONT TOW HOOKS.

Potential Units Affected: 95673

Notes: Subaru Legacy

....Think I am going to the dealer tom. to see why I still have my tow hooks. I wonder if my car has actually had all the recalls now?

I went to the dealer today. Outbacks do not have the recall, only legacys. I am happy cause I definately want them, as long as there not setting a airbag off in my face.

And not all Legacies. My 96 Brighton is permitted to keep its front two hooks:clap:

And not all Legacies. My 96 Brighton is permitted to keep its front two hooks:clap:

My 95 has the cut and it upsets me. I use my car to pull other cars around, pull things like Jeeps that get stuck in the snow. I guess that's the price we pay for having dual front air bags a year before mandated.

Keith