Ultimate Subaru Message Board

another EJ swap Q...

Numbchux

dont pull the dash... whatever you do... way to much work...

i just pulled the steering collum. thus gaining axcess to the underdash aria.

-=Suberdave=-

http://www.suberdave.com

ok, thanks. that's what I was thinking, but my dad kept saying that we're going to need to pulll the dash as we were pulling the wiring out of the legacy donor car....

no.....no need for that as suberdave said, youre, going to strip the harness down to like only 40-50 wires anyway. maybe your dad thought you had to "transplant" harnesses or something.

~Josh~

AHA, I think you're right! that would explain the misunderstanding! thank you

both front fenders on the legacy need to come off, the entire dash, including the heater box and all needs to come out.

when i did my swap i went to PAP here in tacoma and it took me about 2 hours to get the entire harness out in one peice....also make sure that you get the ignition relay and the fuel pump relay that should be under the drivers side dash in the donor car.

both front fenders on the legacy need to come off, the entire dash, including the heater box and all needs to come out.

when i did my swap i went to PAP here in tacoma and it took me about 2 hours to get the entire harness out in one peice....also make sure that you get the ignition relay and the fuel pump relay that should be under the drivers side dash in the donor car.

yep, we had a donor car sitting in the driveway...but we still did it all at once. you need to tear the dash down to the firewall, which means disconnecting the Lines to the heater core, and A/C lines. and both front fenders.

The fuse box under the hood will need to be dissasembled, including removing all the relays (It's a tight fit through the hole in the inner fender), but save 'em. The fuse box under the dash won't fit out the hole, so the entire under-hood harness will need to be threaded into the interior.

when we did it, we left only unplugged what we had to, left all relays on the harness (eve headlights ones, etc.). just to make things a bit easier. and it seems to have helped at this stage

• 4 weeks later...

I would discourage you from trusting Pull N Save as a good source for a harness.. it seems that every Legacy there has the coil pack yanked, and the ignitor yanked WITH THE HARNESS CUT because whoever's getting all of those is too lazy to unplug the ignitor... other components are clipped off as well.

whats the best way to get the harness out of donor car?I would be at pull and save in spokane,wa.2 hours from where I live so Id rather not have to make numerous trips.

I would discourage you from trusting Pull N Save as a good source for a harness.. it seems that every Legacy there has the coil pack yanked, and the ignitor yanked WITH THE HARNESS CUT because whoever's getting all of those is too lazy to unplug the ignitor... other components are clipped off as well.

Yep, something to watch out for. our local junkyard lists the cars when they come in on their website. so I can watch, and get it all from the same car, without it getting manhandled first.