Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hucks XT6 with SVX engine - FrankenWedge

Myxalplyx

Thanks Qman,

It went i n OK, had to do a few little things to get it to work out....(still have a few things to work on), but it did make it to the Dragon Meet and back in one piece, with no issues (well, other than the throttle sticking wide open on the Dragon:eek: .....that gave a passenger a good ride:grin: )

I'll try to do a write up on the process, when I have the time, like I did on my SVX 5-Speed swap....but I'd like to get all the issues ironed out before doing the write up.

• Like 1

Those 85 extra ponies are AT THE WHEELS! That represents about an 85% increase in power.:eek: :eek: :eek: That's a whole lot more than a simple nitrous shot.

I drove that car before the swap. It was fast then. Huck took me for a run up the Dragon where he hung with an NSX.:slobber:

Don't even THINK you can catch that car.:burnout:

Way to go, Huck!!:clap::banana::clap:

I'm sorry I missed you this weekend. I can't tell you how tempting it was to come up to Lexington just for the opportunity to get behind the wheel of that car. Fri. AM I was running on 2.5 hours of sleep, and I just didn't have it in me to add 6 more hours to my trip. Give me a call next time you are heading to the Dragon or south.

Hey, why don't you bring it to the GRM Challenge this year? How much you got in it? We can run against each other in a couple of Frankensubies!!:D I'll even concede my title of fastest Subie if you whoop me.

Those 85 extra ponies are AT THE WHEELS! That represents about an 85% increase in power.:eek: :eek: :eek: That's a whole lot more than a simple nitrous shot.

I drove that car before the swap. It was fast then. Huck took me for a run up the Dragon where he hung with an NSX.:slobber:

Don't even THINK you can catch that car.:burnout:

Way to go, Huck!!:clap::banana::clap:

I'm sorry I missed you this weekend. I can't tell you how tempting it was to come up to Lexington just for the opportunity to get behind the wheel of that car. Fri. AM I was running on 2.5 hours of sleep, and I just didn't have it in me to add 6 more hours to my trip. Give me a call next time you are heading to the Dragon or south.

Hey, why don't you bring it to the GRM Challenge this year? How much you got in it? We can run against each other in a couple of Frankensubies!!:D I'll even concede my title of fastest Subie if you whoop me.

Paul, It wouldn't quailfy for the GRM, as I've had the car for a few years, and had more in it before the swap that the allotted amount...but if I had started with a cheap XT6, I'd have been in the budget.

I'm not all the way up to Lexington, I'm just about 35 minutes from the TN line, so it would have only added 4 hours to your drive yesterday:brow: ..hehe

Oh well, maybe next time.

Frankenwedge doesn't handle quite as well as it did with the ER27 in it, I'll have to tweek the suspension somehow to help compensate for the extra weight in the front....it pushs more now (but it does come OUT of the corners a lot faster:grin: )

If I get it back down to the Dragon I'll try to give you a call.