Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Death to the mirror by soccer ball

I talked to their dad, he frankly took one look at me, and one look at my car... and decided I wasn't worth his time. He gave me 20 bucks and said it should cover my mirror.

One can't judge a person by the car they drive.:eek:

Sounds like this guy did and tried to kiss you off by throwing $20 at you.

I recently replaced the left side mirror on my '87 wagon from one I found on ebay. The shipping cost more than the mirror itself! I paid around $20 for the whole deal.

I'm sure you can find a mirror rump roast'y there.

Hey everyone, look at Sparkless' post count. Let's all welcome a new member.

Welcome Sparkless, everybody play nice with the new kid now, and you're dead right about judging folks by their cars. And Detroit, London, Stuttgart and Tokyo make their living from people who think they are judged by their vehicle.

I drove GL '87s (in fact we had two simultaneously) for years. I like the creature comforts of our 2000 Legacy (which car we've been driving five years), but miss the 'tractor' features of the GLs.

Yeah, it's ruins all the fun when you drive an old rare Brat that still has it's orginal jump seats intact... and someone not realising it's a rare car miss judges you, or the car.

Heh, Some day.... It'll be painted and fixed up real nice.

:D

Welcome Sparkless