Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Time to give up?

maybe I am just :horse: maybe its time to pull the ea 81 t motor and harness out and look at going with a 2.2 turbo motor. or the 05 turbo forester motor.... I cant make this one run I have spark, fuel, but the injectors will not open to let the fuel into the cyl's I have nothing for volts at the inj plugs I have checked everything I can think of maybe its time to go big or go home. any thoughts?

I don't have the wiring in front of me, but one wire at each injector will have 12v that is ignition fed through a fused circuit. The other wire of the injector will be tied (somewhere) to another injector and then to the ECU. The ECU fires the injectors in pairs by grounding them. With key on, check both terminals in the plug to ground with a test lite. If they all have 12v, you have bad injector drivers in the ECU(i.e. It's toast) If they don't have 12v, check the fuse then the wiring. A quick power-up shortcut is to piggyback 12v onto the appropriate wire (which will supply all four injectors) and then start. This is a test, not a fix. The 12v circuit needs to be fused.

Well I worked on it all day today (well stopping for lunch, beer, more beer, a beer run ) and now i have a code 11 and 12 so I hooked the two green wires up by the computer ( I think this bypasses the computer ?) and the fuel pump now does its pulse on / off .... so i decided to check the fuel inj. wire for volts ... when turning the key and the 2 green wires hooked up i have power to the inj. and it pulses on / off the pump is primming and I have spark but it still wont start ........... i know its got to be a ground or a sensor or relay

I have gone and got another computer/ ECU / EGI unit and its out of a car that runs..... good god what am I missing ( besides more hair ):banghead:

never give up fall down get back up any dream you have put this much time into is worth doing right you've been at it for ten years your days from completeing it and you now want to back off. come on man buck up you can do it sleep on it for a few days always works when my car seems unfixable

Well I worked on it all day today (well stopping for lunch, beer, more beer, a beer run ) and now i have a code 11 and 12 so I hooked the two green wires up by the computer ( I think this bypasses the computer ?) and the fuel pump now does its pulse on / off .... so i decided to check the fuel inj. wire for volts ... when turning the key and the 2 green wires hooked up i have power to the inj. and it pulses on / off the pump is primming and I have spark but it still wont start ........... i know its got to be a ground or a sensor or relay

I have gone and got another computer/ ECU / EGI unit and its out of a car that runs..... good god what am I missing ( besides more hair ):banghead:

Code 11 and 12 are normal with the engine not running......

Doesn't bypass computer its needed to run the engine, just puts it in "test" mode...

If you haven't already, try starting with the cts or vaf unplugged - the cts especially causes all sorts of problems when its bung.