Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The $200 Wagon

I bought a 1988 GL Wagon, SPFI, 5spd, 4WD D/R today for $200.

Its in pretty decent shape. The hatch is a bit dented, there's been some body work on the front left corner. Engine is in great shape.

Only pressing issues I've found is that the rear tires are almost bald, and a boot on the front p/s axle is torn.

Not too shabby for $200 I'll say.

If My Axle Boots On My Front End Have Been Torn Forever And Still Dont Tic Or Anything Do I Need To Replace Them' date=' They Have Been Like That For Maybe 30,000 Miles[/quote']

hijack.gif If the boots are torn, I'd replace the boot before the joints start making noise.

If nothing else, keep grease in the joints.

the fi with the d/r. sounds like a snow rig to me! nice score!

That's the plan!

Nice score Mike!

So what's the plans for this one? :brow:

If you need em I'll sell you my snow tires I had on a few different soobs for awhile for like $20 till you can get some other ones/decide what your going to do with the car. Scary running around with bald tires out here. Great snow tires, and still in good shape (less than 10-15k on them I'm pretty sure, full set of 4) on wheels ready to go taking up room in my shed. I just don't have anything I'll run them on atm. Though I may want your stock wheels for a trade in case I do want to grab another set of tires for the RX or future Soob, that's open for discussion though. Anyhoo that is a good score...how many miles on that baby?

• Like 1

Nice score Mike!

So what's the plans for this one? :brow:

Winter & Camping Monster.

If you need em I'll sell you my snow tires I had on a few different soobs for awhile for like $20 till you can get some other ones/decide what your going to do with the car.

I'll definitely take that offer. You can have my old wheels.

Anyhoo that is a good score...how many miles on that baby?