Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Blu is back home - clutchpack.

For those who have ever wondered what the AWD repair costs

Parts were 459,78

Labor was 510.50

The extra part was a tranny mount at 95.00.

Surpirsingly they rebuilt a cv joint for 250.00 instaead fo replacing the axle like i thought they would. They said it looked like the tear happened in the last day or two.

Bonus was they fixed all my loose heatsheilds for free. When i bought the car the previous owner was quoted 400.00 to replace the heat sheilds.

The dealer said they just rewelded them allThey said the car ahs some minor leaks (well duh) but is otherwise in great shape.

nipper

Tranny mount at 95.00 dollars seems high, but they want 200.00 dollars for the power steering hose I need, that also seems high.

For those who have ever wondered what the AWD repair costs

Parts were 459,78

Labor was 510.50

The extra part was a tranny mount at 95.00.

Surpirsingly they rebuilt a cv joint for 250.00 instaead fo replacing the axle like i thought they would. They said it looked like the tear happened in the last day or two.

Bonus was they fixed all my loose heatsheilds for free. When i bought the car the previous owner was quoted 400.00 to replace the heat sheilds.

The dealer said they just rewelded them allThey said the car ahs some minor leaks (well duh) but is otherwise in great shape.

nipper

Tranny mount at 95.00 dollars seems high, but they want 200.00 dollars for the power steering hose I need, that also seems high.

The high pressure hose? If you can take it off, any shop that makes hydraulic hoses can rebuild it for probably less than $50. My friend just got the HP line rebuilt for his SVX for $38.

My recent experience with SOA retail... brake pads for $90 YIKES! Are those extra shims made from titanium? At least there is some relief from online dealers but even the $65 on line price seems a tad high. In addition, considering Autozone's lifetime rotor warranty (read no more concern for warpage etc.), SOA seems userous there as well. Let the buyer beware.

Mercedes is surprisingly reasonable on parts pricing for many parts. I often suffer from sticker shock at Japanese car parts prices.

well there is a good news/bad news thing with parts. Good news si that since not as many people need them, they dont stock up many of them so the prices are higher.

heheh maybe thats why ford prices are so cheap, they have to make so many spares.....

nipper