Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My alternator is going to hate me....

Andyjo

More Lights.. ohhhh boy....

I slapped some Lightforce 170 Strikers on the front of the roo' and i must say.. it's pretty insane.

LF1.jpg

LF2.jpg

What you see when i'm driving at you ;)

LF3.jpg

LF4.jpg

They sort of stick out alot.. .i may have to modify the bumper/grill to suck them back some more.

garagespot.jpg

So... my high beams were on... couldn't even tell when i turned them off :D

Oh yeah.. the KC's under the lightforces arn't working.. need new bulbs....

I was playing around with putting them on the rack... but i think they look ok on the front there... they'd be better if i could bring them back an inch or 2 i think... but yeah.. that's it :brow:

nice... yeah you definately need to protect those lights, what you gonna do when you gotta go through a bush or push a log out of the way etc... when possible its a lot nicer and easier to push something big out of the way rather than deal with tow straps n stuff to pull it... and bushwacking is a whole other story... I lost everything off my front end except the grill doing that cause my bumper does protect that.

[edit] I'm friggin jealous

I've got the same lights, and all I have to say is, "D***!!!!" They are not cheap, but they're sooooo worth the money (I'd definitely try to protect them somehow if you're going to be out crashing through the brush).

Lightforce also makes various colors of Lexan covers for them, which are suited for different driving conditions. I've got the blue ones for driving in blizzard conditions, and they make a huge difference. There's a lot less light reflected back off the snow.

watch out 4 legged creatures, andy is coming :headbang:

They won't have to watch out.... The amount of light will simply just evaporate all their blood, and seems that's like 80% of them, they will fit right under the bumper and rear diff!

Schweet! I have those on my overhead rack and they really light up ...I need to get an Optima yellow top (D35)soon....! I have crashed through alot of trees and they are pretty tough...they tend to flex back when they hit branches and the covers haven't come off yet!!! I love them!

• 2 weeks later...

dude that is so totally sweet looking I don't even know what to say. If you have the space/desire I was thinking about putting two of those big boy Optima Marine blue batteries in the back in parallel. I only have two KC 55W's on a custom aluminum angle piece I made on the front and the garbage relay shorted closed a few months after I put them in.

how much $$ for the pair? oh and AWESOME, TOTALLY AWESOME!
Alot :-\

If you can get someone in AU to sent you a set, it's like $220 USD

If you buy them in the US... you can expect to pay something like $265-$300, depending where you get them.

I got them from here: http://www.gforceautosports.com/lightforce.htm

the best price i could find online really.. i also got some black lenses, from here: http://off-roadlights.com/mcart/index.cgi?code=3&cat=4

They're very pricy, but man do they throw some light! ;)

Oh yeah, they sell a step large, and smaller of the same light.. they also have HID's which are like 900/e... but you know.. just for your information... i think 140's would be find for a subaru really.. but the 170's are.. well.. insane