Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I got a wagon!

Towed it home yesterday with the brumby:)

P1010730.jpg

How much does such a fine automobile cost you ask?

$0! Thats right, nilch, nip, nadda, nothing!

The bad part. Rust rust rust. And someone has tampered with the ignition and some electrical bits so I have no idea whether it goes. And the interior smells terrible. and 360k km

So, with this beasty, I plan on pulling the ea81 and 4speed dual range, all running gear diff etc. Any other shiney bits that take my fancy.

And then, its off to the dump! Anyone in NZ want any other bits off it? eg, doors, glass, interior, hatch thing? Gas struts still work.:grin:

So yeah. Theres a complete 82(I think) wagon, minus running gear, g-box and motor. Free to a good home? Even just the doors or something as the body is Fubared

:) I is well pleased.

EDIT: I call dibs on fenders tooo. Maybe front bumper if no one at all wants it.

EDIT#2:http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/waimaks/Wagon/?

WOW I dig the marker light in the fender!!

-Brian

I never noticed a difference there between Aus/NZ and the rest of the world... Check these two pics:

Subaru Brat

Subaru Brumby(Aus)

I think it's to do with regulations we have over here. And NZ either have them to or just got these model because it was a Australasia thing.

Nice find. All mine so far have cost a fair bit.

Heh yeah. Tis very rusty underneath the paintwork. The main reason I'm ripping it to bits though is the godawful smell inside it. I'd still use it offroad and things like it is......

It sure was fun lifting the front up with the tractor and hearing/watching the front of it get destroyed. Not very strong thats for sure..... The whole thing kinda buckled in the middle when I lowered it back onto the barrels.....:-\ Dunno if I can open the doors ATM..

Also, Anyone at all want doors and glass. I don't need/want it and would feel bad sending it to the dump with the rest of the car. The doors aren't too bad, just some surface rust on them, maybe the odd hole....

I don't know if theres anywhere that would take it for free. Only copper and aluminium etc they like to pay me money for. But I can offload it at some recycling center for like $35 if its a whole car, and $25 or something if its stripped.... All the parts so far are definately worth the money so far :)

By center console do you mean the bit with the heater controls, stereo,cigar lighter etc?

Most of the plastic bits have at least a couple scratches and things, but is fairly intact, no major breaks from what I've seen. If theres something you need we might beable to sort something out if its not too busted up?

Cream/beige with a green tinge.....

The 4wd console thing and boot are ok.

Shifter console thing has a bit of a crack around the bottom. Boot is kinda torn.

Bit with radio and vents doesn't appear broken, But I could be wrong.

Heater control area looks ok, Maybe a bit grubby.

Note, all interior bits are coated in a slight green layer and dead animal smell...

Cream/beige with a green tinge.....

The 4wd console thing and boot are ok.

Shifter console thing has a bit of a crack around the bottom. Boot is kinda torn.

Bit with radio and vents doesn't appear broken, But I could be wrong.

Heater control area looks ok, Maybe a bit grubby.

Note, all interior bits are coated in a slight green layer and dead animal smell...

Ah, no worries im looking for the blueish grey stuff.

• 5 months later...

Its going to the dump soon. Finally got A into G.

Bump for anyone who might want anything, or anyone who wants to see one fly.

P1030009.jpg

P1030008.jpg

P1030010.jpg

P1030012.jpg

#27 will be lonely once it goes, has kept her company lately (just don't tell her shes going the same way soon too)

P1030006.jpg

I never noticed a difference there between Aus/NZ and the rest of the world... Check these two pics:

Subaru Brat

Subaru Brumby(Aus)

I think it's to do with regulations we have over here. And NZ either have them to or just got these model because it was a Australasia thing.

Nice find. All mine so far have cost a fair bit.

man i am diggin ur rims dude:headbang: :cool: