Ultimate Subaru Message Board

farging outrageous $$ to tint windows!!

some of you guys may remember my prev. thread about tinting my '84 wagon windows and this one outfit wanting $420.00. well i did some calling and the best i could get was $299.95!! still crazy IMO! not like they are large windows or troublesome curved glass. maybe if they replaced my front windshiels while they're at it. i got one last card to play. the company i work for has to have someone who handles the glass work for our trucking fleet. maybe if i butter up my fleet manager he could work something out for me. Hmmm, i know he likes beer...........;)

You gotta pay good money for good tint. My friend paid almost $500 to have his truck windows tinted.

I got a quote for $175 for my RX, but after talking to other clients of theirs i decided not too. They had problems with their tint bubbling after a few weeks.

-Brian

i hear ya. i'm a cheap bastard. i don't need top-o-the line tint but not some bottom scraping fly-by-nite jobbie either, those coust you more in the long run. ill get something figured out.

I hate to say it but living in the right areas help.. in Vancouver, wa and Portland, OR. the best quote i could get for my sedan was $300... Las Vegas, $140 for life time warrantied metal reflective.

Hot climate area's are gonna be cheaper.. more competition.. typically atleast

rllywgn

I hate to say it but living in the right areas help.. in Vancouver, wa and Portland, OR. the best quote i could get for my sedan was $300... Las Vegas, $140 for life time warrantied metal reflective.

Hot climate area's are gonna be cheaper.. more competition.. typically atleast

rllywgn

i think you hit it. *sigh* i'm looking to put some lights on too. too much stuff not enough $$. so many little things i could get done for that cash. decisions decisions.

my limo tint on my wagon is starting to bubble and has a scrape in a place or two so I'm looking at redoing the windows there is this really expensive place downtown olympia. I stopped by the other day on my lunch break just to look around it looks like when they do car windows they take the glass out of the doors to do em, is that normal or is that something that they do to get extra $$ ?

maybe something to justify the extra money.. I've never seen a shop pull a window.. to much liability. I've seen customers bring in glass though.. you know the project car isn't streetable yet...

rllywgn