Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A full house? or a royal flush?

Hey guys and gals,

well i've finally found the vehicle to complete my collection!

Man have i been searching for ages, these are NOT a common car in New Zealand!

A 1983 4WD hatch :headbang:

A few panels are dented, but very little rust and an excellent runner. The underside is the cleanest i've ever seen on a 1983 car... bloody good deal for $50!

It'll go nicely with my 1983 Brumby ute and 1983 Twin Carb RX coupe.

It'll be receiving a complete strip down, a bit of panel beating/paint job, a 6 inch lift ,a EJ22 / AWD D/R gearbox, Six stud conversion for the 29" tires plus a few other odds and ends i have sitting around the workshop waiting for a vehicle.

You can see i've already removed the front bumper and most of the interior is now gone. I've got a fibreglass bonnet and front fenders lined up as well. I thought this would be a perfect car to remove the front radiator and place it above the engine like "subarubrat" did on his ute, in order to improve the front angles.

Anyway, i'll be posting pics of the progress for sure!

John.

post-17480-136027616887_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Found a donor car for my hatch project today, pretty tidy too, but left hand drive, so no good to me in that respect.

All the panels are excellent and all lenses are perfect. There was even a twin carb set up sitting the boot with a few other bits and pieces, plus the guy also gave me a mint spare passenger door complete glass as well. Good find i rekon!

It has been a rally cross car in the past, so it has basic adjustable suspension too.:headbang:

post-17480-136027617106_thumb.jpg