Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I sacraficed my wallet for you ..

I bought a scangauge II off of ebay. The second generation looks much more profesional then the first one.

I removed the diagnostic plug from its docking space, and pluged the cord into the plug under the dash. I am still trying to figure out where to put it. I wish it was a bit smaller. It was real easy to set up and use.

Inluded are two pictures that will give you a much better idea of size.

It works well, i dont know what it looks like at night but there is lots of flexability in lighting choices

It did tell me i need a tuneup grrrr

last picture shows where it may end up, though i may cut the trim to make it look more like it belongs there

post-597-136027616924_thumb.jpg

post-597-136027616932_thumb.jpg

post-597-136027616939_thumb.jpg

Anyone have a stering column housing i can play with?

you'll like this one nipper.....WHAT CAR!!!!

yours is a later year 2.5 whatever it is i think, but i have a 1998 impreza. if it's not too hard i can pull it for you. but i'm moving like this weekend and the car is getting scrapped so i don't know if i'll have time.

you'll like this one nipper.....WHAT CAR!!!!

yours is a later year 2.5 whatever it is i think, but i have a 1998 impreza. if it's not too hard i can pull it for you. but i'm moving like this weekend and the car is getting scrapped so i don't know if i'll have time.

silly its in the picture 97 obw

cant you tell ist a OB by the dash, sheesh:headbang:

heheheheh

nipper

I bought a scangauge II off of ebay. The second generation looks much more profesional then the first one.[...]

For those interested in learning more, see: http://www.scangauge.com/

Among other things, you can download the manual as a PDF from the site.

Nipper, I don't get one thing; you sacrificed your wallet for us, but you're installing it in your car? :-\ ;)

For those interested in learning more, see: http://www.scangauge.com/

Among other things, you can download the manual as a PDF from the site.

Nipper, I don't get one thing; you sacrificed your wallet for us, but your installing it in your car? :-\ ;)

i need to do a full engineering study, may take a year or more, its called life testing.

:clap:

nipper

You can get a little better price by getting in on the ToyotaNation.com group buy. You don't have to own a Toyota, and in fact, you don't even have to join the forum: http://toyotanation.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1346493&postcount=217

I've had the ScangaugeII for a couple months now, and it is a good product. I still haven't found a good place to mount it either!

Gotta' keep those variables constant, and change others... i want to see full 3d mesh'd graphs nippster :-p I'm sure matlab could do it for you, easy. ;)

What if you just put it at more of an angle on that steering column? maybe make an angle bracket and just attach it like that...

Gotta' keep those variables constant, and change others... i want to see full 3d mesh'd graphs nippster :-p I'm sure matlab could do it for you, easy. ;)

What if you just put it at more of an angle on that steering column? maybe make an angle bracket and just attach it like that...

two ideas, cut a hole in the column cover to slightly sink the unit, or cut a notch in the cowl cover around the dash to flush mount it.

this will now allow me to put in a 1996 spedometer to see if it works so i can put on the revers faces i have. The scangauge sped was off by 1 mph but on the nose for everything else.

nipper

Looks nice nipper! Man I'm kind of upset that the ScanGauge II is out because I bought the old tech ScanGauge I not too long ago. But I love it. Kind of like the WOPR from War Games.

Dude your gauge setup looks pristine compared to mine!

I did notice in the manual for the ScanGauge I it says you have to set some setting for Sub's around the '97 year to request only the supported parameters, not all parameters. --Louis :D

Looks nice nipper! Man I'm kind of upset that the ScanGauge II is out because I bought the old tech ScanGauge I not too long ago. But I love it. Kind of like the WOPR from War Games.

Dude your gauge setup looks pristine compared to mine!

I did notice in the manual for the ScanGauge I it says you have to set some setting for Sub's around the '97 year to request only the supported parameters, not all parameters. --Louis :D

can i see a total dashboard pic? i stiill want an oil pressure and tranny temp gauge.

Scangauge II its just a setting you have to change, and they state that it is specifically for soobies, just the punch of a few buttons.

nipper

Hi nipper! Sure I'm pleased to post more pics of the entire dash. pic1 pic2 let me know if you want more.

I don't really have the scan gauge mounted anywhere (yet, usually use it in my '00 OBW). Those are all Autometer ProComp electrical gauges (except vacuum) (all from Summit) in my '96 Legacy Brighton Wagon. Top three are oil temp, oil pressure, ATF temp, bottom two are vacuum (left), and voltmeter, right. Tach is on the upper far left.

Sorry it took me so long to reply, had to reboot, computer saying access denied copying pics of camera? yah what? it's my computer!!!!!

I have a lot of gadgets on my Sub's I could show pics of if you want, including Canton-Mecca fuel/water seperators, Canton Accusump preoiler, Amsoil preoiler, Amsoil bypass filter, PermaCool ATF coolers, PermaCool steering fluid coolers, Amsoil bypass filters on ATF, filters on steering fluid, Optima yellow tops, etc, etc. -Louis :-)

Hi nipper! Sure I'm pleased to post more pics of the entire dash. pic1 pic2 let me know if you want more.

I don't really have the scan gauge mounted anywhere (yet, usually use it in my '00 OBW). Those are all Autometer ProComp electrical gauges (except vacuum) (all from Summit) in my '96 Legacy Brighton Wagon. Top three are oil temp, oil pressure, ATF temp, bottom two are vacuum (left), and voltmeter, right. Tach is on the upper far left.

Sorry it took me so long to reply, had to reboot, computer saying access denied copying pics of camera? yah what? it's my computer!!!!!

I have a lot of gadgets on my Sub's I could show pics of if you want, including Canton-Mecca fuel/water seperators, Canton Accusump preoiler, Amsoil preoiler, Amsoil bypass filter, PermaCool ATF coolers, PermaCool steering fluid coolers, Amsoil bypass filters on ATF, filters on steering fluid, Optima yellow tops, etc, etc. -Louis :-)

can i see a better pic of the console, i want to see what you did there.

nipper

good morning nipper, per your request, here's some more pics of the center console of the '96 Legacy Brighton. pic1 pic2 pic3 Basically I removed that plastic piece down there and drilled some holes in it for the wires/vacuum tubing and used some mounting hardware for the gauges. I had to be a little careful because right behind that plastic thing is some contraption/computer for the airbags. :slobber: You might be able to drill a big enough hole to fit that scangauge cable through there. The older scangauge I have doesn't have that unpluggable cable. :) Well nipper I'm going to try that oil pump reseal on my '00OBW now. :banana:

good morning nipper, per your request, here's some more pics of the center console of the '96 Legacy Brighton. pic1 pic2 pic3 Basically I removed that plastic piece down there and drilled some holes in it for the wires/vacuum tubing and used some mounting hardware for the gauges. I had to be a little careful because right behind that plastic thing is some contraption/computer for the airbags. :slobber: You might be able to drill a big enough hole to fit that scangauge cable through there. The older scangauge I have doesn't have that unpluggable cable. :) Well nipper I'm going to try that oil pump reseal on my '00OBW now. :banana:

cool, i was actually going to mount 2" gauges there and make a new panel for that pocket. Since i no longer need a vac gauge, would like to do an oil pres and tranny temp, but thats got to wait untill my back is better.

i see your car is dirty :)

nipper

Making a new panel for that area sounds cool nipper. I hope your back gets better quickly! I always like how on those car shows on TV they make shaped panels out of that fiberglass resin with the cloth and it always looks so nice.

>> i see your car is dirty well, it's um, not really all that dirty, you see, the camera - it's flash makes every little spec of dirt show up! Really it does! ;)

Making a new panel for that area sounds cool nipper. I hope your back gets better quickly! I always like how on those car shows on TV they make shaped panels out of that fiberglass resin with the cloth and it always looks so nice.

>> i see your car is dirty well, it's um, not really all that dirty, you see, the camera - it's flash makes every little spec of dirt show up! Really it does! ;)

actually ive seen them use bondo too, and bondo is easier to shape, i may go that route

nipper

go to home Depot and get some wide Velcro. Sticks on in minutes and you can move it later if you want. You could Velcro it right to the top of the column. They used to use Velcro in space flights to hold electronics. I have the amp in my BMW Velcroed in as well as several other things.