Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pics: First decent offroading for my EJ Hatch!!

88HatchMonster

Hi everyone... I'm so happy I finally get to post some pics of my project hatch out on the trail! I just got plates on her last wednesday so I could finally get to some better spots to offroad. This is pretty much my first time out with it since I tore it all down to nothing and built it back up with a frame, body work, paint and an EJ22 swap.

The hatch is running really good. Tons of power with the EJ22, and it actually hooks up really good with just an LSD in the back. The only problem I'm having is a little bit of rubbing of the tires in the rear end where I put on new wheel arches. No biggie...

And no picking on me for not having a skid plate yet! I'm sick of fabbing stuff for a while and I just wanted to get out and have some fun with the thing!

DCP_5875.jpg

DCP_5889.jpg

DCP_5890.jpg

DCP_5891.jpg

DSCN4873.jpg

DSCN4853.jpg

DSCN4842.jpg

DSCN4868.jpg

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

The diamond plate is half for looks and half cause the old roll pan was completely rotted out and I needed something there. :)

I'll have to get some video soon, mostly cause it sounds awesome too with the EJ and 2.25" exhaust.

I'm in Mineville, zip 12956. It's an hour South of Plattsburgh on I87 and two hours north of Albany.

When the last NE offroad meet fizzled, I wasn't yet done with the hatch. Now that I am, I'm up for it if we can get another date going...

lookin awesome Ryan:headbang:

if you weren't so far away, i`d ride up to see it:D

still haven`t put the tranny back in mine. blew my back out big time:eek: never knew that happened to young people lol:mad:

trying to lift a 22re out of a toyo p/u with a weak buddy & no hoist in the middle of a field=bad idea:rolleyes:

hopefully the meet pulls together, it'd be cool to get all the subafreaks in one place for a day of offroading

That looks great!I love the way your hatch looks.How much of a lift and what size tires were you running on the trail.Nice trail too!:)

Thanks!

It's a 4" homemade body lift. I keep the springs and torsion bar adjusted all the way down for max travel, better ride etc. I'm running 29x8.5 Swamper TSLs on 15x7 6 lug wheels with a 3.75" offset.

Today I'm cutting out my rear fenders where the tires were rubbing. No fun cutting and welding after body work and paint. :mad:

Oh well that's how it goes building custom vehicles... :rolleyes: