Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I had Kumho Ecsta'a on my 02 Forester they were great. When the factory Geo's needed replacement on the 04 Forester, we replaced them with Kumho Solstice. They are every bit as good as the Ecsta's, in the snow and summer. They went on in Oct 05. I cover 7 states in the NE and they have been a great tire for a bargain price.

P.S. I come up the Merritt/Wilber Cross a few times a month.

My wife's got Kumho Solus (I think ferret meant Solus, not "solstice") Grand Touring tires on her 1993 Legacy. She loves them. I have Kumho Ecsta ASX on mine. Also a very good tire. In our opinion, the Solus is quieter, smoother riding and longer wearing. The ASX has more grip at the expense of faster wear. I think you can't go wrong with the Solus, it's a great tire.

I have Kumho Solus on my '00 OBW and I think they are excellent. Firm grip in the rain, low noise and good tread wear so far. I think they're a good choice. Excellent tires at a great price. The best value I could find. Good Luck!