Ultimate Subaru Message Board

did a little bit of work on the DD today...dialup be warned *PICS*

Nice, as a Firefighter, I like the extinguisher (less work for us and less damage for you). As for the unsecured back tire, maybe a tow strap going acrossed the compartment to prevent that bad boy from taking someone's head off in a collision or more commonly, bouncing around on that hard rump roast trail.(I've learned that from first hand experience.)

I like it though. Reminds me of my first subaru wagon :headbang:

Good Job,

Justin.

EDit: Not tow strap, but a tie down.

Nice, as a Firefighter, I like the extinguisher (less work for us and less damage for you). As for the unsecured back tire, maybe a tow strap going acrossed the compartment to prevent that bad boy from taking someone's head off in a collision or more commonly, bouncing around on that hard rump roast trail.(I've learned that from first hand experience.)

I like it though. Reminds me of my first subaru wagon :headbang:

Good Job,

Justin.

EDit: Not tow strap, but a tie down.

thanks, I dont feel safe anywhere away from home without the fire extinguiser, and thats not because I've had bad past experiances either. as for the tire and speakers those are all temporary, tire is going on the roof with a basket as well and I'm probably gonna get some door speakers or something.... I'm working on prepping this for a short roadtrip to north cali

We don't see alot of posts like yours and I wish others would do more of, you know, just the basic stuff of cleaning up a car and those little things that add some personal expression and addition of safety items, lets us know your alive, kicken and loving your Subaru. :grin:

oooo....nice shoes for the Subaru. Yup... looks clean, yea original seat covers! Skull for shift knob... speaks of your youthfull drive and fire-X, hmmm.... good idea. I like the fire-x idea as my next safety addition. I recently picked up a seat belt cutter and I was going to velcro it somewhere in the overhead, but I think I will attach it to the fire-x for easy reach.

Appreciate the post... and submit a photo when done with your roof rack, always looking for ideas.

We don't see alot of posts like yours and I wish others would do more of, you know, just the basic stuff of cleaning up a car and those little things that add some personal expression and addition of safety items, lets us know your alive, kicken and loving your Subaru. :grin:

oooo....nice shoes for the Subaru. Yup... looks clean, yea original seat covers! Skull for shift knob... speaks of your youthfull drive and fire-X, hmmm.... good idea. I like the fire-x idea as my next safety addition. I recently picked up a seat belt cutter and I was going to velcro it somewhere in the overhead, but I think I will attach it to the fire-x for easy reach.

Appreciate the post... and submit a photo when done with your roof rack, always looking for ideas.

well I'm just gonna "borrow" my dads yakima basket he has on his truck, he never uses it and 3 ppl + all our gear + tools + insturments is a lot for a small subaru. I wouldnt suggest you velcro anything overhead, might be dangerous in some situations. Dont have seat covers, never came with them and the seats are in incredibly good shape, only 1 small tear in the drivers side vinyl :banana:

next thing I need to do is better shocks and find a way to stiffen up the ride cause its gonna be LOADED.

heh, those turn signals are the same as the ones on a Hummer H1! I should know... worked on one when I started in the bodyshop at Laramie GM....:rolleyes:

Actually - those are standard military "marker" lights. Nearly every military (and thus the H1) vehicle has them. I've worked on one or two as well ;)

GD

$10 +/- each available at any napa. Available in Grote brand LED too...

-Mike

they were about $7 at six states distributors... truck supply/driveline shop near my house. they arent nearly as bright as I would have hoped for but I didnt have enough money to get any quality LED ones. I'm thinking I'll just hook those up as running lamps and when I get some money get a couple more for the sides and inside the grill and then get some LED turnsignals. I dont like the chrome so much, looks cheesey to me so I'm probably gonna sand it off and paint them black or graphite.

anyone wanna help me think of cool things to do to my wagon before I go roadtrippin down to cali?