Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Removing 85 Wiper Washer Container

Sorry to be the one to tell you, but you pretty much have to remove the fender. You may be able to get to it from the wheel well if you pull down the plastic mud guard, but I'm not sure.

GD

Yeah, remove the fender. It's actually pretty straightforward.

that blows... does this apply to my 87 GL10 sedan as well? it would seem to, but i have never looked at it with the thought of removing it, so i couldnt tell you what it looks like...

Thank's everyone, I'll bite the bullet, and get to it.

Mike

i would remove the fender liner first. i think theres 2 bolts holding the tank in. removing the fender itself will provide the most room to work with, but you have to pull the bumper to get the front of the fender off. (which is always PITA in my experience.)

Hi Everyone,

OK, I went in through the front liner. There are 3 studs that stick through the fender. 2 behind the drier, and 1 behind the air cleaner. The liner came out quickly, and easily and the unit was replaced smoothly. It all happened so fast that I'm still waiting for the inevitable problem to show up.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Mike.:clap: