Ultimate Subaru Message Board

OMG these car dealers are idiots

okay, clicky for an ad i found.

this ad lists the options on the car.. and you can tell it comes from a real scumbag used car lot, without a clue...heres a quote

"Power Windows, Am/fm Stereo Radio, Central Locking System, Air Conditioning, Rear Window Defroster, Dual Power Mirrors, Child-proof Locks, Radial Tires, Deluxe Wheel Covers, Gauge Cluster, Clock, Trip Odometer, Tachometer, Tilt Steering Wheel, Interval Wipers, Remote Trunk Lid, Remote Fuel Door, Console, Vanity Mirror, Day/night Lever, Front Bucket Seats, Reclining Seats, Vinyl Upholstery, Cloth Upholstery, Accent Stripes, Body Side Moldings."

I italicized the features that seemed either absurd, or WICKEDLY outdated to even mention... and i was generous at that, not including the Tach, the clock, the trip odo, and the intermittent wipers...

but central locking system???? its gotta be a center-locking AWD, doesnt it?? or do you think it means power locks? because NOWHERE is four wheel drive mentioned!! i didnt notice he never mentioned the power locks until i quoted the text into the post, but still...

as for the price, HAHAHAHAHAHAH i didnt even look twice at that, none of the ads im clicking on are even REMOTELY decent prices.. so i look at those as soon as i click. the rest i just look at because i wouldnt look at anything if i only looked at what was priced in my range.

EDIT LOL i just found one that listed an "inside hood release"

are you positive its 2wd? how could you tell, aside from his failure to mention otherwise? because i have YET to see any of the dealer ads like that mention one of the vehicles being 4wd.. and no dealer-listed vehicle that was 4wd got one of those silly ads with the endless list of "options" like cloth interior and deluxe wheel covers.... so statistics are beginning to say that these guys might fail to list that, opting for the "remote trunk lid" or "bucket seats with recline" instead..

Heh - having looked at many, many soobs, I can tell just by how the suspension sits, tire size, mud flaps, etc, etc. Add to that it's a loyale sedan, and you've got a recipe for 2WD. They didn't make a lot of 4WD sedans anyway, so most of them you see are 2WD's. In the end it's an educated guess - there is always the possiblilty they changed the tire size, lowered the struts, etc to make it look like it's 2WD..... but what are the chances of that?

I happen to own a 4WD sedan, and it's got rear mud flaps.....

GD

Heh - having looked at many, many soobs, I can tell just by how the suspension sits, tire size, mud flaps, etc, etc. Add to that it's a loyale sedan, and you've got a recipe for 2WD. They didn't make a lot of 4WD sedans anyway, so most of them you see are 2WD's. In the end it's an educated guess - there is always the possiblilty they changed the tire size, lowered the struts, etc to make it look like it's 2WD..... but what are the chances of that?

I happen to own a 4WD sedan, and it's got rear mud flaps.....

GD

Also a pretty good dead give away for FWD is the back end looks to "sag" abit...My FWD wagon has rear mudflaps;)

I like the "Day/Night Lever" Thats a classic feature..had to custom order that huh???:brow: .That add is just plain retarded..sorry!:lol:

Gotta realize, most dealers don't know anything about cars (and don't care). Very few salesmen might know some about specific models. Those businesses exist solely for the money only. What they know about most is snake oil.

I don't see what the big deal about the locks is. Subarus lock setup resembles Saab's 'central locking system' than any 'power lock system'.

yeah and in some parts of the world (ie here) "central locking" is the normal way to describe any car with "power locks"