Ultimate Subaru Message Board

From what I've seen, once the tire bead seals on the wheel and has been on there a while, it's very difficult to break it by hand. stomping, dead blow hammering, prying, might all by methods to try but don't damage the bead doing it. Why are you R&R'ing the tires? :)

i've seen people de-bead a tire with a back-hoe before...

but you dont have tools...

take it in and pay up. you can't do it.

i would definitely pay to do it, but if yo'ure still inclined to do it: drive a car or truck (the heavier the better) up onto the side wall of the tire. get it just right on the tire just at the edge of the rim and you'll break the bead. then working it off with some garage tools....no fun but it can be done.

and remount? I dont have a lot of tools, so the cheaper/less tools required the better, at 0 psi I cant budge them and dont feel like going back to a shop and letting someone charge me again.

There are some things that just arent worht doing yourself, this is one of them. Even to do it manually requires a special bead breaking tool. Doing this manually can be dangerous with the worng tools, so go and pay for it. Not to mention they should be rebalanced when the tires are re mounted.

nipper

I've been told by several people (mainly jeepers on solid axle 35's and such) that it helps tremendously, and these tires have been balanced, there is still noticeable vibrations at highway cruising speeds.

Nipper: I might try just the valve stem, they may fit, but then again, the guy doing it is shown popping the bead after taking the valve stem out.

Thanks

I've been told by several people (mainly jeepers on solid axle 35's and such) that it helps tremendously, and these tires have been balanced, there is still noticeable vibrations at highway cruising speeds.

Nipper: I might try just the valve stem, they may fit, but then again, the guy doing it is shown popping the bead after taking the valve stem out.

Thanks

yeah dude....there's gonna be. you can't expect to put tank treads on a sedan and expect the ride to be baby's-butt smooth

it's more than likely the tread on the tire causing the vibration than the tire being out of balance.

Still worth 10$ and a try though aint it?, dont be hatin. :banana:

$10 for the beebees? sure.

then if it doesn't work you're paying for someone to dismount and mount 4 tires to empty the beebees, then you're pay for a balance that you probably dont need, because any good shop will rebalance tires after they'ce been dismounted.

yeah dude....there's gonna be. you can't expect to put tank treads on a sedan and expect the ride to be baby's-butt smooth

it's more than likely the tread on the tire causing the vibration than the tire being out of balance.

what he said. also at low speed the sound may drive you nuts.

The vibration is from the extreemly aggressive tread pattern.

nipper

These tires have been mounted AND balanced ("As best as tehy could do"), and people with more agressive treads have said that the bb trick works good. One even said if not for the roar, he would think he was running all seasons.

Either way, its just money. Thanks for the support.

These tires have been mounted AND balanced ("As best as tehy could do"), and people with more agressive treads have said that the bb trick works good. One even said if not for the roar, he would think he was running all seasons.

hey man, if you do it, and it actually works, let us know, it'll be a cool trick.

there's just some non-believers here.

GIMMIE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!

:grin:

nipper