Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi nipper! Looks interesting :banana: Images are too small to read the text though....maybe you can post larger/higher res images? :burnout:

this is why im completly stupid, if somone can do that for me ild gladly email the articles

(btw it also sasy they are dedicated to building a deisel)

nipper

oooh! Diesel...mmmm I want. My mom is about to buy a VW diesel car, either a passat or a jetta and I think I'd rather her have a subaru diesel.

If you want, you can go to http://www.xs.to and you can post the pictures there and they give you a direct link you can paste into here. It'll also give you forum codes to post them on forum boards.

Screw photobucket too. I completely loathe that site.

Cool nipper! These are pretty readable if you open in an image viewer and zoom to at least '100%'; I can read it zoomed at '150%'. (If it's not readable when you open it then you need to save it on your 'puter and open in mspaint or something that can zoom in). SAE1.jpg (119KB) SAE2.jpg (147KB)

Didn't have time to read it all yet, but looks interesting! sae.org only had the July issue when I looked last night

Cool nipper! These are pretty readable if you open in an image viewer and zoom to at least '100%'; I can read it zoomed at '150%'. (If it's not readable when you open it then you need to save it on your 'puter and open in mspaint or something that can zoom in). SAE1.jpg (119KB) SAE2.jpg (147KB)

Didn't have time to read it all yet, but looks interesting! sae.org only had the July issue when I looked last night

thats why i pay the big bucks to get the magazine :)

oooh! Diesel...mmmm I want. My mom is about to buy a VW diesel car, either a passat or a jetta and I think I'd rather her have a subaru diesel.

VW diesels are very common here in Canada and I've known several people with them. Great engine, troublesome car.

I don't know of any other mainstream car that is in for repairs so often. Seems like every month they are back at the dealer having one thing or another fixed. Nothing really big but I would never trade my 91 Legacy for one. A company has probelms when a 2 year old $30K diesel Jetta can't match a 15 year Legacy for day to day reliability.:-\

VW diesels are very common here in Canada and I've known several people with them. Great engine, troublesome car.

I don't know of any other mainstream car that is in for repairs so often. Seems like every month they are back at the dealer having one thing or another fixed. Nothing really big but I would never trade my 91 Legacy for one. A company has probelms when a 2 year old $30K diesel Jetta can't match a 15 year Legacy for day to day reliability.:-\

This matches what my Subaru Service rep has told me here in the States. He services both and tells me that the VWs are always in the shop for the most annoying detail or another. And usually something new each time.

mikkl

True dat! I would be all over a Subaru diesel, esp. a turbo diesel! Yes, when I was looking for cars, I remembered VW being good quality back in the day, then I checked consumer reports for more recent models, and not good! not good at all!

I've driven two diesel vehicles in my day: a Ryder diesel truck (not impressed), and a diesel Renault minivan (was impressed).

True dat! I would be all over a Subaru diesel, esp. a turbo diesel! Yes, when I was looking for cars, I remembered VW being good quality back in the day, then I checked consumer reports for more recent models, and not good! not good at all!

I've driven two diesel vehicles in my day: a Ryder diesel truck (not impressed), and a diesel Renault minivan (was impressed).

My Jetta diesle has had 0 issues, and several of my friends have driven them to 150k with nothing more than tires and brakes. Not to mention 50+ mpg.

To prove they are solid check this car

Don't get me wrong I love subarus, I am on number 11, but VW/Audi are very well built cars. They are way more solid than Subaru, but they are more expensive to buy and parts are more.

completely off topic here....but what the hell

Audis are junk. Its kinda funny, I was doing a lot of research before my subaru. I wanted a audi wagon, a4, a6, avant.... Well they are nothing but problems. I had a 85 and 86 jetta (German built)at this time and a corrado. (Just so you know I am not biased). When asking about all the problems the a's have, all the audi guys say if you cant afford to own an audi don't buy one, HA. I cant afford to keep the ****er running, buying one isn't the problem.

That TDI on ebay......who knows what kinda problems he has had with it in the past 9yrs. A diesel engine should last well over 300k. Its all the bs crap that goes wrong.

completely off topic here....but what the hell

Audis are junk. Its kinda funny, I was doing a lot of research before my subaru. I wanted a audi wagon, a4, a6, avant.... Well they are nothing but problems. I had a 85 and 86 jetta (German built)at this time and a corrado. (Just so you know I am not biased). When asking about all the problems the a's have, all the audi guys say if you cant afford to own an audi don't buy one, HA. I cant afford to keep the ****er running, buying one isn't the problem.

That TDI on ebay......who knows what kinda problems he has had with it in the past 9yrs. A diesel engine should last well over 300k. Its all the bs crap that goes wrong.

You are correct, Audis have issue. Subaru’s are perfect, there are no HG issues, torque bind, wheel bearings failures, etc. Just wait until you 96 airbags blow up on you like mine and many others have for no reason.

I am not saying they are perfect cars but are they crap as you have stated? No, is consumer reports a survey only based company with little or no scientific basis on their reviews? Yes

How many Subaru’s have you owned? This is my 11th, starting with a 76 4x4 wagon. Don’t get me wrong I love these cars but I am not drinking the cool-aid either. Every make and model of vehicle have issues and quirks, some more than others.

im on my fifthe subaru, ive owned two VW, one a 1973 super beelte waith a semi automatic, and the other was a cabrolet (rabbit). That was a nightmare, with all the individual grounds, finally an electrical problem killed it.

VW deisels are great cars, but it is what is attached to them of late that are below par.

i advise people that they make great lease cars.

nipper