Ultimate Subaru Message Board

lift completed

esh

after few days of straggling with my car I maneged to finish the work. I had few problems on the way but it's all over now. I managed to damage few bolt and nuts so I bought new ones and used a tap to fix the nuts. I hope it will be strong enough.

pics to follow.

We (A mate, my bro and I) put a lift on a 88 wagon in just under 11 hours. But we only had the alloy blocks cut, front sturt extensions made, steering extension, and diff hanger modded. So we had to drill, weld, and figure out all those other bits that are to do with a lift. I can see it would take a lot longer for 1 person, as there were at least 3 times we needed all 3 of us pulling and pushing on suspension components.

Well done, looking good

I'm going to get some secondhand road tyres tomorrow just until I get some extra cash to buy some proper offroad tyres. anyway, most of my offroading is on the beach so road tyres I think better. I'm going to go with 205/75r14.

by the way, I found the harder part of the lift is to refit the shortened lower radiator tube.:banghead: