Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RX is back on the road

I finally got my RX put back together earlier this week and have been driving it a bit. Been going great, adjusting the timing and fuel pressure but keeping my boost at about 10psi. Hopefully I don't blow this engine because I've done a bit more work to it then the last engine. I'm now runing a SPFI shortblock from a '91 Loyale, rebuilt by me generation 2 turbo heads, Delta 260 cams, TD04 turbo, 3" TBE, Nissan 280ZX turbo injectors, AFPR set at 40psi currently, spyder intake, WRX TMIC, AEM CAI, and a lot of other goodies. Been taking it nice and slow, just breaking it in and doing the tuning to it before I decide to go crazy. I can already tell this engine is much more powerful then the last engine (stock EA82T longblock) and has more off the line thanks to the higher compression. Maybe by September I can take it down to Bandimere drag strip in Denver to see what she has, but until then, it's going nice and easy around town.

Since I'll be back in the PNW hopefully by WCSS9 next year, she'll be sure to make her appearance there. Obsidian Black pearl is the color of choice, along with gloss black body trim and smoothed bumpers (don't really care for the textured too much) painted gloss black as well.

Sounds like quite a ride-- exactly what I want to put together, except I want to keep oem small turbo. Must be very powerful-- hope this build stays together for you. :)

Do you ever plan on having a pro track time for reference?

IBthefirstTTIWWOP

:D

oh pics eh? Well I got LOTS of pics, just none current with this engine combo but of th last engine.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/302403464/2171799040067339125uICvyJ

http://community.webshots.com/photo/302403464/2381973490067339125eJPOCR

http://community.webshots.com/photo/302403464/2832625290067339125qbmuhz

Sounds like quite a ride-- exactly what I want to put together, except I want to keep oem small turbo. Must be very powerful-- hope this build stays together for you. :)

Do you ever plan on having a pro track time for reference?

Yeah I'm going to do some 1/4 mile times with it to see where I'm at with it. Also going to hit up an AWD dyno down in Boulder, CO for hp and tq numbers.

I'm jacking your thread:headbang:

Never fear folks in the PNW, you will see a 89.5 black RX at WCSS8:drunk:

Altho the mechanicals are all stock, its practically brand new under the hood.

Plus, I've added a few cosmetic goodies that should catch everyone's eyes.

So Russ, get it running good and painted soon. I want to see it sitting next to mine:brow:

Yeah I'm going to do some 1/4 mile times with it to see where I'm at with it. Also going to hit up an AWD dyno down in Boulder, CO for hp and tq numbers.

we need to do a meet or somthing and all the co old school guys can get there cars done at once