Ultimate Subaru Message Board

LSD conversion question?

I am currently in the process of swapping a 3.7 lsd over to 3.9.The only thing stopping me so far is the torx head inside of the axle stubs.I would like to see if anyone can let me know what size it takes?I know it is definately a torx socket,just a little far reach for the ones I have so I need to also find out who carries a long torx socket that will fit?Any help would be great at this point .Also I checked the USRM guide and couldn't find what I was looking for in that particular area.Thanks for the help.

you need this bad boy right here....

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=14957&group_ID=2358&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

STLE100

deep external torx. E10

and be careful. the torx section of the head likes to twist off :)

I picked up a manual impact hammer for this reason, but haven't converted one since.....

In my torx bolt encounter I tried heaps of sockets but in the end used the round not-open end of a 10mm spanner. It worked perfect and i was even able to give them a dam good tightening afterwards.

Lesson learned: The round end of the spaner is good for something after all.

My 10cents (now that 2's and 5's are out of circulation)