Ultimate Subaru Message Board

how to price a 2005 LLBEAN Outback ?

Hi -

I own a Champagne colored 2005 LLBEAN Outback.

It has low miles (under 8K) and is clean, clean, clean.

However, I was involved in an accident (t-boned by a redlight runner) and the following work was done:

• body repair to drivers side panels, drivers door replaced and back drivers side door cladding replaced
  • suspension (front wheels) parts replaced. alignment and a new tire/wheel.

Prior to the accident, I had been thinking about selling the car. And I would have been able to claim that it was in EXCELLENT condition (per KBB standards).

Now, I'm wondering if I should I adjust the 'Car-condition' rating to make an allowance for the accident? Or, since all damages were repaired, is it reasonable to price the car as if it were in EXCELLENT condition (of course providing info about the accident and all repair records)?

Appreciate any feedback!

Hi -

I own a Champagne colored 2005 LLBEAN Outback.

It has low miles (under 8K) and is clean, clean, clean.

However, I was involved in an accident (t-boned by a redlight runner) and the following work was done:

• body repair to drivers side panels, drivers door replaced and back drivers side door cladding replaced
  • suspension (front wheels) parts replaced. alignment and a new tire/wheel.

Prior to the accident, I had been thinking about selling the car. And I would have been able to claim that it was in EXCELLENT condition (per KBB standards).

Now, I'm wondering if I should I adjust the 'Car-condition' rating to make an allowance for the accident? Or, since all damages were repaired, is it reasonable to price the car as if it were in EXCELLENT condition (of course providing info about the accident and all repair records)?

Appreciate any feedback!

If the car was compently repaired and restored to "as-new" without any deviation or defect, then advertise it in excellent condition. Be up front with prospective buyers and show that the car was damaged and repaired with documentation. If the buyer can't identify any problems then the car should be considered good as new.

That's a tough call. I believe cars are never the same after an accident no matter if it is repaired. So if a VIN check is run on your car, will the title be clear or salvaged? I guess you can claim your car is in excellent condition if you note it was in a prior accident. But, I'd have to think the value of the car would not be worth a car in that condition.

Sometimes sales listings will say 'no accidents', which you wouldn't be able to claim. You might run a carfax on it yourself before putting up for sale so you know what people will see. The appearance of a vehicle after repair can certainly be undetectable, so if you're rating appearance then I don't see any reason to think about the accident.