Ultimate Subaru Message Board

need subaru help in tucson,phoenix az or around here

looking to buy a subaru and want a good mechanic for working on it, i am willing to drive half a day to a day to have it worked on by someone who knows what they are doing, i am looking at a 99 legacy 2.2 with a rod knock right now and would need someone to put in a ccr engine or whatever i decide to do, i am also wanting to lift it a little

can you guys recommend someone in my area or new mexico maybe that works on subarus and is good

thank you!

I can recommend myself. I'm not a professional.. but I'm not trying to rip anyone off. I can do motor swaps and whatever.. I have a couple references of people I've done work for here in Tucson. I don't have a garage.. just a concrete slab. If you're looking for a shop to do work for you try calling up Motorsport Warehouse on 1st ave. in Tucson. Dayle is an SVX enthusiast so he may be willing to work on that for you. Good luck with whatever you decide. -Eli-

I can recommend myself. I'm not a professional.. but I'm not trying to rip anyone off. I can do motor swaps and whatever.. I have a couple references of people I've done work for here in Tucson. I don't have a garage.. just a concrete slab. If you're looking for a shop to do work for you try calling up Motorsport Warehouse on 1st ave. in Tucson. Dayle is an SVX enthusiast so he may be willing to work on that for you. Good luck with whatever you decide. -Eli-

hi eli!

i would like to meet you and talk about this legacy i just bought, i bought a 99 with a 2.2 and i think it is going to meed a motor, it has a ticking sound that i think sounds like a valve but the previous owner thought the shop said rod but she wasn't sure, i would love to have you look at it and see what you think, where do you live? i am not picking it up until sat morning around 930

i want to meet some subaru people who live in town

My legacy always ticked.. lol.. but I would definately be willing to take a look to see how bad what kind of ticking you have is. I live in Tucson, on the east side near Speedway and Wilmot. I'm always all about meeting new Subaru people in the area.. hopefully one of these days I'll know enough people to have a cook-out/camp-out or something. I don't have a lot of plans this weekend... I'm trying to get a "FREE" 84 or 85 wagon out of phoenix, and I might try to wrench on the XT6 a little.. but other than that I'm totally open. If you want to e-mail me: elijafir@cox.net or if you prefer calling then: 520 891 6828. Hopefully your legacy isn't to the point of needing a new motor... the 2.2s are generally very reliable. Well, let me know!

-Eli-