Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Call out for all New Zealanders, can you help me out?

Hey fellow south dwellers. I am looking for some upgrade parts for my Brumby. Mainly just an LSD and some rear discs. Seems prices for these parts seem ridiculous here in Australia I wanted to know if any of you could help me out.

My Brother bought two (fiat) engines from NZ and it was bloody cheap compared to prices over here even with the $400 boat freight.

I would be interested in more then one set of discs and one LSD. I know a few people who would like them too. Plus more sometimes equals cheaper. I would ask this question to the Americans here too, but I think freight might be a killer and want to see what NZ has to offer first.

I was talking to Waimak the other day and he said there were 3 Vortex XT's on Trade Me for $600. I know for fact that 4WD Turbo XT's should have rear discs to suite my Brumby and an LSD.

So could you keep a look out for these items for me, and maybe give a estimate on how much they are worth?

Thanks guys,

I have vented fronts. Only want the rears. I would pay someone to pull them and ship them to me if the price is right. Just tell me what you got, can get :)

Cheers,

US postal web site says about $70 to ship 40 lbs.... 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. Even at the going rate around here on the site of $100 that's still cheaper than you get them locally. And if you wanted a couple sets it probably would be more economical.

GD

Yeah, It would be awesome to get a few sets. I don't mind where. The thing is I also want an LSD, and last time I checked US prices were the same as Aus prices on those. So I want to know what they are worth in NZ.

Just incase someone does know what I am on about with rear disc setup heres what I need.

It has to come off a turbo 4WD subaru. I need the rear hubs, rotors, calipers (maybe not, I might source some 200sx ones for rear hand brake,) and backing plates. I'm pretty sure thats all of it.

Like I said before, I'll pay a little more for any time you put into it. Cheers, :burnout:

Yeah, lol, sorry... I'm just not going to pay top dollar locally when it's so much cheaper else where. And shipping form NZ and even the US is barely anything vs the prices here.

You have a Subaru treasure cave?? I want one! haha I know I'd have a home for at least 2 maybe 3 sets of discs, but more is ok, might not cost anymore on shipping. Also with the LSD's I know I want one, and I know others who want one too, but I'm not sure if they have the money for one.

Well... I guess the lsd would weigh probably about the same as normal diff?

Which I have one I could try weigh, as soon as it comes off the wagon...

and the rear discs.. They are on the vortex.. Maybe if no one else knows I might be able to pull them and weigh, Would rather not have to bleed it though.