Ultimate Subaru Message Board

help with my 2000 legacy gt limited edt

Auto or Manual? How mechanically inclined are you? You wont get a lot of gains without doing internals.. like cams and stuff.. Without getting to into tearing stuff apart I would say you'll want to put a Cold Air Intake.. I prefer AEM but dunno if they make one for the legacy or not. You'll want to do exhaust from the heads back.. 2" or better pipe.. high flow cat.. muffler.. maybe better fuel injectors.. Or just find a wrx or sti engine/drivetrain for under 2k!!

Edit: I'm not sure if a better MAF is available or not?

its auto :^(.. i wanted a stick but my dad said i have to have auto for my first car... my uncil owns his own auto shop n my dad used to be a mecanic there with him when he was younger.... im not as good as them but im decent but if i need help i could always ask my uncil or dad...

u know where i could find a wrx / sti engin?? lol.... i think im gona go junkyard hunting... lol

its auto :^(.. i wanted a stick but my dad said i have to have auto for my first car...

That's just silly. Having an auto makes you pay LESS attention when you're driving. Oh well... just use the sport shift to get the feel for shifting. You'd be hard pressed to get that drivetrain for much less than 4000. Unless you know someone, ya know? If I were you I would just do the intake/exhaust work.. do a little research for what the best stuff is for the GT. And then get yourself some suspension upgrades, bigger sway bars, get some strut braces.. get better brakes, rotors, etc... GET A TRANNY COOLER. That car will already do ~140mph stock.. a little intake and exhaust for some extra torque off the line will do fine.

hmm sounds good... i can drive sitck easy cuz i leared how to drive on my dads carola... which is stick.. but my mom cant drive stick so like if her pilot would have a prob of we would have to use to to pull the tralier or somethin she was stuck at home....so like they made me get auto... w/e though thax guys