Ultimate Subaru Message Board

making legacy high as outback

ok struts and shocks wear out so i am thinking about getting new outback ones unless maybe someone has some in good shape for sale? does anybody know about how much i would pay for new and used stuff?

also on that one thread i saw he did not change the wheels just the suspension, so how much lift difference is there between doing all of it and only doing the suspension/no wheels?

i am just wanting to gain some clearance for dirt roads, was thinking maybe i don't have to do all the outback stuff on legacy that there might just be some kind of adjustment? i remember my 85 had a way to raise it and lower it, you screwed it up or down or something like that?

does my 99 have anything like that?

The threads I read say about 2" lift. For new parts prices, just check any of the many online Subaru dealers such as subaru-parts-dealer.com Or you could pull the entire strut/spring/mount assemblies out of a scrap yard maybe.

Actually, I'm not sure what vehicle you have, but I was planning to sell my brand new OE all four struts and springs for my '96 AT Legacy Brighton if I do the Outbackification to it.