Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat Values keep on climbing $7300 :-O holy sh!#*t

Boy, I think I will have to hold off selling my Brat for a bit and fix it up this nice. Did anyone else read the answers to the questions? He says the engine and tranny work was done by Brian, your independent Subaru guru; I wonder if that was the Brian I know when he was still in Burien? Car is now located in Louisiana. If so, I might re-install a Brian rebuilt engine. This is too cool.

sister mary frances, if i had any idea that those tings were gonna be worth that much i would have had one for my first car and fully restored it!! t tops, dr 4x4, jumper seats, cyclops eye, and all!!!!!

me and my buddy played with one his dad picked up when i was 16... and when it started it COULD have been salvaged.. and by now im sure i would have fallen in love with it enough to make it that. My uncle gave me a weber for it as it was, when me and chris were just playing with it trying to make it an offroad toy... but he ripped everything out of the interior except the gauge pod, and then proceeded to rip out "all that electrical junk under the hood, too" including all ignition wiring.. so the "kustom" carb manifold we made (IIRC it was bad.. real bad.. but not awful given our minimal knowledge at the time...) was to no avail, and the thing never ran in our possession.. and then got towed out of his yard.

i think it was an 83. but im not sure. actually, i still had the haynes manual around two years ago when i got my GL-10, and surprise!! it was just as applicable (and LESS useful) to the GL than the brat!