Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brake question

That's not normal. You've got air in the system somewhere.

-=Russ=-

or moisture!

did you make absolutely sure your rear disk setup did not have moisture in them or was laying open when you got it? If not, flush the rear section, and bleed them again.

Well if there working fine then leave them. The reason they say to bleed them LF RR RF LR is because the older subarus use a duel brake circut.

If one side were to fail, u would have the other side to save your rump roast.

Whatever. I've seen it work the standard way so who knows. so leav it for now but if u feel that they can be a little beter then try it the Sub way.

Other than that have fun.

Savage']make sure that ur bleeding them in the proper sequence LF RR RF LR. I know its backwards from normal but thats how the book tells u to do it. did u get new pads as well' date=' because if u did'nt u will have a long pedal. Make sure u bleed them that way and good luck.[/quote']

is that info in the USRM? first i have heard of it.

brake bleed procedure order wheel

I just typed that last line in to increase the number of searches that hit this thread :- )

...they really dont feel like they are stopping as well as they should be...have to put some extra oomph into it but at least im not having to pump the pedal twice before they even do anything...how do you bleed the master cylinder on these? will try it and re-bleeding the brakes the sub way on monday I guess.

is that info in the USRM? first i have heard of it.

brake bleed procedure order wheel

I just typed that last line in to increase the number of searches that hit this thread :- )

and it worked! I remembered seeing this thread, and thought I'd look up the order before I bleed mine today....and it was the first one to pop up!

anyway....are you sure your booster is connected/working? I don't think that would effect how many times you have to pump it, but it would certainly effect how strong they are!

i dont know about the soob (yet) but there is typically a bleeder valve on the main body of the master cylinder. you bleed it the same way you bleed the rest of the system.. pump a couple times, hold pressure, release bleeder, tighten bleeder, repeat until no air. if theres no bleeder valve on the main cylinder housing then look elsewhere, or find a HTKYSA or haynes or something to tell you. that is how a master cylinder is bled, no rocketry or cardiac surgery involved.

hope i dont sound snide, i just dont _really_ know about the subaru system.. but since you had no answers, this is more than nothing... :lol: