Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bosch make those that are used by ambulances over here.

I rigged these up on our ancient Toyota Crown when living in Singapore, and the car seemed to vibrate with the noise.

Very "focused" sound wave, good for pointing at cars straight in front, but not very useful when someone is mozying into your lane from the side.

Fiamm is Italian - but even BMW uses their products, so the quality is good. The advantage of the trumpet type electromagnetic horns like these is that you don't need to wire up two sets of horns. A light tap on the horn button will just produce a small "burp" and not scare the pants of pedestrians.

Hella make this type of horn too, in style and size with Fiamms AM80.

Your superb knowledge and use of colloquial US english always amazes me.

hah!

Carl

Ahem, howsomever the mord is 'mosey', which YOU Carl, as a Texican should know better than any ... :rolleyes:

"The LACK of standard English spelling on this board always amazes ME!"

... signed, The Spelling Police :grin:

Was it Twain that said; "It's a very poor mind that can think of only one way to spell a word."

As an aside, I've heard from a coworker who still has school aged children, that their teacher reports how poorly spelled papers are nowadays as they are littered with text messaging short-cuts!

Carl

prolly, IMHO. :lol:

BTW: "Southerners are SUPPOSED to 'ignernt' !"

the Texans in my family (all but my Mom and me) allus pronounced that word 'southrener'

well after picking up a set of fiamm air horns..i decided that for simplicity,i'm gonna exchange them for a set of fiamm am-80.(high an low freq) the am-80s are basic plug an play

*great,now i can't decide*

(maybe i'm being lasy an not wanna do any wiring...):D

after putting in the new horns,i'll have to try and record it on vid w/sound(of course)

Last night after having a problem with either the alarm system or the P/N tranny lockout switch/relay in the Barbie Jeep, and while waiting for the AAA tow truck, I got to thinking (having cycled the alarm ten or so times troubleshooting).

I wonder what wiring that gawd awful sounding whoop-whoop siren from the alarm would do in traffic?

It's pretty loud, and the dischordant noise might just startle people into dropping their effing cell phone. :brow:

I wonder what wiring that gawd awful sounding whoop-whoop siren from the alarm would do in traffic?

It's pretty loud, and the dischordant noise might just startle people into dropping their effing cell phone. :brow:

that reminds me that i have a siren for a alarm system that works an is dang loud..

maybe i need a back-up alarm :brow: ...:lol:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=12970&cat=500