Ultimate Subaru Message Board

upgrading 98 Impreza suspension for mountian cornering plus fire roading

bought a 98 impreza 2 door new, and since then thougholy wore out the base modlel suspension in the route I drive daily. this trip of 55 miles one way includes 2 mountain passes, both steep and one with a counted 100 switchbacks in 18 miles( white spar road, route 89 N AZ)and the oppertunity for off road running is endless, and oft taken. I want to hear from rally and road race guys on thier experiance and or advice for the advanced enthusiast.

Hey,

Sorry I haven't called yet... I had a 50 hour week in 4 days and then spent the Fri-Sun at the lake.. and worked some more today. I'll get a hold of you tomarrow and see what you want to do about the transaction. Do you have paypal?

-Eli-

Edit: My brother had to sell his Impreza because of the insurance cost in Tucson. My Legacy that I had the stuff on got over-steered into a pole by my Jessica. But it was all front end damage.. none of the suspension stuff was damaged... I pulled the strut and sway stuff off (made the car stock) before the salvage company picked up the car.

how much do you want to spend?

A friend of mine has a budget rally suspension consisting of 04 STi struts and stiffer, taller springs from a place called king springs in australia. And he won CRS PGT last year.

Or you could spend 5 grand and up on coilovers. DMS makes a pretty good one...

DMS is the best suspension in the world (as far as i'm concerned)...

although it is an amazingly rough ride... with DMS you don't need to upgrade any other suspension stuff... my friends rally car runs DMS and stock 93 impreza swaybars and all... that thing corners better than anything i've ever driven... (although my list of cars driven isn't all that huge)

DMS ALL THE WAY! if you can afford such things...:rolleyes: (very pricey that...)

how much do you want to spend?

A friend of mine has a budget rally suspension consisting of 04 STi struts and stiffer, taller springs from a place called king springs in australia. And he won CRS PGT last year.

Or you could spend 5 grand and up on coilovers. DMS makes a pretty good one...

NATURALLY I WANT TO SPEND ONLY ENOUGH TO BE EFFECTIVE IN MYAPPLICATION. FIRST, A FEW QUESTIONS. IS THIS SUSPENSION TOO MUCH FOR A PRIMARILY STREET DRIVEN CAR? IS THIS SUSP. A BOLT IN FOR 98 BASE MODEL IMPREZA? AND AM I GOING TO GAIN ANY GROUND CLEARANCE? THANX,AND JUST CALL ME, CHUCK CAFIERO, ANYTIME, AT 928 231 0919.

Hey,

Sorry I haven't called yet... I had a 50 hour week in 4 days and then spent the Fri-Sun at the lake.. and worked some more today. I'll get a hold of you tomarrow and see what you want to do about the transaction. Do you have paypal?

-Eli-

Edit: My brother had to sell his Impreza because of the insurance cost in Tucson. My Legacy that I had the stuff on got over-steered into a pole by my Jessica. But it was all front end damage.. none of the suspension stuff was damaged... I pulled the strut and sway stuff off (made the car stock) before the salvage company picked up the car.

DEAR SIR, I WANT TO BUY YOUR IMPREZA REAR SWAY BAR ANDSTRUT BRACE BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU OTHER THAN HERE. PLEASE CALL ME IN PRESCOTT AZ., THE HANDLE IS CHUCK CAFIERO, AND THE NO. IS 928 231 0919.

Hey,

-Eli-

DEAR SIR, I WANT TO BUY YOUR IMPREZA REAR SWAY BAR ANDSTRUT BRACE BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU OTHER THAN HERE. PLEASE CALL ME IN PRESCOTT AZ., THE HANDLE IS CHUCK CAFIERO, AND THE NO. IS 928 231 0919.

Hey,

So so sorry. We've been really hectic at work. I called the number you gave me this Sat. morning at 10:30am and left a message with my number. The recording didn't say anything but the number back to me.. so I don't know if it was you or not. You can call me @ 520 891 6828. Thanks. again, I'm really sorry!

-Eli-