Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA 82 owners!! avoid Pro Chassis Brand susp parts!! (tie rod end)

Well folks, i bought some new tie rod ends for my car. 87 GL10 NA auto 2wd. found some bargain ones, most stores in town wanted 4-50 bucks a pop.. the place down the road offered one brand for 18 apiece, so i jumped (since i had exactly 39 bucks with my change rolled up at the time) MISTAKE. . . . . the balljoint studs on the tierod ends were at least a mm wider in diameter at ALL points than stock, and they would not fit up into the spline properly, causing a wheel clearance issue. Not to mention the fact that i couldn't pin the castle nuts in. the store was great and swapped em out for real MOOGs, but beware!!! . . . . they use a moog part number, and its es2910 and es2911, the boxes i got were blue and have a logo on them that says XCP chassis parts, the guy at the store said pro chassis was the brandname. . . . . I am frequently captain cheapo, but this time i learned my lesson... doing this job for the third time now.. (it took me twice to get it together to function for the intervening week and a half, good times) . . . . so, beware, and hopefully you wont make the same mistake