Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It happened Again.Road Rage not my own...

bgd73

The perfectly ahole driver scenario assuming things into thier cuty petuty road rages. I have posted about the renegade trucker from hell that worked on my rear bumper until 100+ mph. Or the vw jetta that angered me so badly, we did 90+ for 110 miles until his antifreeze was literally spewing onto my windshield. 'Stupid Inline."Today, a busy labor day weekend highway, I am in passing lane doing about 70 behind a hemi Dodge with plates "EETDUST". How Cute. I had a straight six with no front suspension and flapping fenders that would have passed it from 1978.Err hum, anyway, the car pulls over fast into right lane.. that is when I knew. "She is going to get right on my back side as soon as I go by". I forget sometimes my 70 could be someones 83... but anyway, she did just what I thought and I gave the little sube all it had. Again, 100+ mph until it either blew a headgasket or run out of fuel(I don't mean my car-I seriously would out do every one of them in longevity - they could count on it). It got off the highway in a hurry and I went about my 70. :confused:

My sedan sube is a target. What is it? the little wheels? I'm low to the ground more than other cars, is that it? I posted of this in unrelated posts. What Do I do to stop it? This is the most "beat me up" stamped car I have ever had on the ever defensive highway out of a dozen or more cars.

put a gun rack in it. :headbang:

I did have a roof rack that acted as a deter, no doubt- a long trip through highly defensive places proved it to myself. I bet it looked like an "older persons car". With roof racks off I have two highly contrasted rails looking like an older impreza rally car. Not to mention my paint is approved for aviation use and glows a white brighter than a headlight. I swore it went phosphorescent in the fog... very "you can see me now" even in the fog/cloudy skies or lit up at night by another car.It must be like an intimidating animal we associate high contrast with "deadly" or "intimidating" or "unusual" or "pay attention to me even if I don't ask for it". Ya know what I mean? :)

dude i totally feel for ya....I have almost been rearended in my baja BY THE SAME PERSON on average of about 3 days a week and 3 instances per day for about the last 2 weeks or so. One morning he even crossed the center line and side swiped the guardrail while following me. :mad:

One day him and I are going to have a little chat...the outcome isn't going to be too good for him either. :mad::headbang:

dude i totally feel for ya....I have almost been rearended in my baja BY THE SAME PERSON on average of about 3 days a week and 3 instances per day for about the last 2 weeks or so. One morning he even crossed the center line and side swiped the guardrail while following me. :mad:

One day him and I are going to have a little chat...the outcome isn't going to be too good for him either. :mad::headbang:

It is a small world. the baja have fog lights up top? The first time I saw one I did a triple take. I haven't seen one yet without something bright or unusual from the norm... I bet this is a psychology discussion changing designs in auto engineering. :) I even looked back at my own car and frowned after painting. There is another white car next to it in my driveway for comparison- I definately stared at my unusual paint. I saw a video on the net of a truck coming down a long straight way to slam into the back of a black and white cruiser mysteriously while lights were flashing. Bizarre...

If you can get his license plate #, report him to the cops. Is this on the same road each time or what???

I have a 7 mile drive to work and he is usually behind me for about 4 of it. The problem is that he is BEHIND me and I can never get his plate #.

The time he hit the guardrail he didn't even stop to look at his car....he just kept going and really got close at the next redlight.

its a win win situation......

you let the guy be a pain in the you know what and tailgate you everyday, or..............

you give him a brake check, yank him out of the car, beat the living tar out of him, and leave him on the road for dead, and you go to jail for it for assault:rolleyes:

best bet, get his plate # and have the fuz rid you of this problem.......

I'd give him a brake check if I didn't care about the baja so much...I could see him totaling it and me losing my a$$ because i owe too much on it or something....either that or he will hit and run and not have ins. either.

The guy drives an early 90's sable and it is pretty rough looking (guardrail swipe and all) and so is he... :rolleyes:

definatly true, its tough giving brake checks in a new car. especially if you have abs and he doesn`t, then for sure your getting hit:-\

it wouldn`t bother me so much if i was driving an old honda or something..........

abs is for folks who can't determine the max brake available to stay in control on all given terrains and tires. I would personally have a brake in feet distance from 60 contest anytime after learning my old sube for a decade.... and I am not even a "stuntman" :) . I drove a car with it just once and never want it again... (while I am young and able anyway..) maybe when I'm 90 and half blind. What a ridiculous gadget that is to me seriously. Almost as ridiculous as a diesels jake brake. :confused:

This is the most "beat me up" stamped car I have ever had on the ever defensive highway out of a dozen or more cars.

Guess you've never driven a Hyundai Elantra at 2 A.M. amongst the truckers in the mountains of PA? Now there's a targeted death trap... 6 months old... traded it for a 5 sp. Baja Turbo the next week... try to screw with me now... dinkweeds!

Guess you've never driven a Hyundai Elantra at 2 A.M. amongst the truckers in the mountains of PA? Now there's a targeted death trap... 6 months old... traded it for a 5 sp. Baja Turbo the next week... try to screw with me now... dinkweeds!

That is a saggy little looking car... about the same as a 2wd loyale. I won't be jackin the high performance autobahn rear suspension anytime soon tho :lol:

i actually think abs and jake breaks were great inventions.............

i used to use my engine for breaking, now i've learned it just isn`t worth it. the cost for gas by far outweighs the cost of brake pads. i just use my brakes now.

Most piston rings to this very day, despise the two way pressures of engine brake-> throttle. High mileage carbed subes really revealed it due to no air bypass like the spfi and later have. I actually like engine braking too, on the spfi.

My dad drives rig and for as long as I can remember (since I was a wee little boy)... that d*mn jake would bring the boost guage to 30 lbs sometimes, with a turbo screaming, and the noise of a jake brake not doing anything but vibrating to 80000 lbs. At real low speeds -- its almost a benefit. He still claims its 10% helping brake, I don't doubt him, he has the feel of the weight at the helm.

Huh?

In reference to appearance of little cars to bigger ones. The elantra is about the same size as the loyale sedan. The suspension on the 2wd is not pleasant to look at like an american hotrod, but it sure does outhandle everything have driven (including a porsche 944).

By chance is "seahag78" a name of a massachussetts fishing vessell? Something very familiar about that very word :-\

Mary, your hyundai was a GT right? i have an 01 accent 5 sp, and its been a pretty good car........since i had to make my own wiring harness for all the lights, a/c compressor, and radio:rolleyes: not a sube by any means:lol: gets 34 mpg constantly so i`m happy....

i did beat a turbo conquest tsi out of the hole tho.....even though the back of his car was covered in oil and he was smoking like a civ