Ultimate Subaru Message Board

im FT4WD 5spd...YUSS

just got back from taking my newly FT4WD brumby for its first longish run...60 miles out to my friends place & back.

the clutch started playing up about 10 miles short of his place...and wouldn't disengage at all by the time i got there.

we determined that i wasn't getting enough travel on the clutch lever on the gearbox because the yoke on the peddle end of the cable was hitting part of the bracket that secures the cable outer and was stopping the peddle from returning fully to its 'rest' position.

so we dropped the clutch cable out redrilled the hole in it as far down as we could without the yoke and peddle fouling at full travel slapped it back in...and yehaa i have a clutch that now does what its meant too...

apart from needing some thicker spacers under the trans cross member so that the back of the box fully clears the tunnel(its just touching but doesn't touch going around lefthand corners)...im think im all sorted:clap:

i had to tell ppl that would understand...i try'd to explane it to a non-subaru type here and got a WTF kinda look back:confused:...some ppl just don't know 'goodness' when its sitting right in front of them:mad: