Ultimate Subaru Message Board

On a 1997 Legacy 2.2. I only have a Haynes manual and I do not see where they tell you exactly which relay is the "Main" relay. I am ASSUMING it is in the fuse/relay box under the hood on the driver's side, but even that may be wrong. Can someone pin point this for me please?

Thanks!

Mike V

Thanks Coug! From your comments I was able to loacte the relevant relay and verify I had the correct one by identifying the wire colors.

Anyway, I tested this relay and it checks out fine: contacts are open when coil is deenergized and both pairs of contacts close (less than 1 ohm resistance) when the coil is energized. And the contacts faithfully open and close when coil is energized and deenergized.

So my evap. sys. vent control malfuntion (P0446) must be elsewhere. At this point, it is looking like the problem is in the ECU itself!

Very frustrating.

Thanks again,

Mike V.

Thanks C3! Yeah, I found the "Main Relay" up to the left of the driver's feet and I did notice the round realy in the same vicinity which I now know must be the fuel pump realy. Good info. Thanks again. Need to get one of them factory manuals. Hopefully I have one on the way to me.

Mike V.