Ultimate Subaru Message Board

JunkYard Score!

Zowie!

Went to the junkyard today & found 2 twin Loyale Wagons ... Made me a Subaru Salad, with all the trimmin's! :banana:

• Fusible Links (those pesky $16 each ones from the dealer!)
  • Both Solenoids for the EGR
  • Roll-back Cargo Cover (and the mounting hardware)
  • Both Struts for the Liftgate
  • Wiring harnesses for my side marker lights (2)
  • Headlight, Drivers' Side
  • Knob for my radio

$50 bucks. Uh huh!

Now I have my eyes on that seat, and (Gulp) maybe the front fenders

Are fenders hard to remove? Can I do it on-site, or are they crimped/Spot welded together (inner/outers)? Wow, now that I might actually do this, I need to consdier that I might have to pa-pa-paint! woohoo!!!

Theres a couple of hidden bolts. Open the door and look above the hinges, theres one there and another in the middle. At the very back of the wheel well underneath on the pinch weld theres one, maybe 2. And under the front roll pan at the corner on the iinside theres one maybe 2. There is 2 behind the bumper, according to the FSM. The rest are obivious, right along the top edge.

Theres a couple of hidden bolts. Open the door and look above the hinges, theres one there and another in the middle. At the very back of the wheel well underneath on the pinch weld theres one, maybe 2. And under the front roll pan at the corner on the iinside theres one maybe 2. There is 2 behind the bumper, according to the FSM. The rest are obivious, right along the top edge.

the ones behind the bumper are the worst. you might be able to get them out with a 10mm ratchet wrench without having to take the bumper off.

Yeah ... I've got a cordless impact & some u-joints I'm bringin' with me - shouldn't be a proble, But I gotta admit ... I'm startin' to chicken out, tho ... pa pa pa paint ... these guys are red - I'm silver. And it looks like ALL the rust on mine is on my front fenders ... at least what I can see this year.

There's really no tellin' what kind of shape they're in until you have them off, is there? ...

Yeah ... I've got a cordless impact & some u-joints I'm bringin' with me - shouldn't be a proble, But I gotta admit ... I'm startin' to chicken out, tho ... pa pa pa paint ... these guys are red - I'm silver. And it looks like ALL the rust on mine is on my front fenders ... at least what I can see this year.

There's really no tellin' what kind of shape they're in until you have them off, is there? ...

as long as the fender liner is intact, the inside shouldnt be any worse than the outside.