Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Should I really sell my wagon?

So my sister has this friend who is need of a car and she's apparently taken a shine to my multi-colored wagon of death and has offered me $600 for it. I'm not really sure that I want to sell it because at the moment it is my daily driver, but I do have my Brat to drive and the wagon need an axel and front brakes, $100ish dolars worth of work. I could surely put the money into getting rid of the front end isims in my Brat and maybe take care of some rust too. I dunno guys, should I do it..... I'd really love to keep the wagon and lift it, but the car does have a lot of rust in the rockers and it's an automatic car which I'm not crazy about, don't know if it's the wagon for me, ya know?

Here are some pics of it now, and one before the reconstruction

050111061620.jpg

050103051608.jpg

050103051508.jpg

050103051524.jpg

editedroo5.jpg

TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN:burnout:

for an auto with all the rust, that is extremly good money.

oh, and i`m sorry for the delay, just got the lens out today:-\ , been busy with school.

no problem..... just let me know when you send it...... I may be needing it sooner than later.......

Let me know guys, I've got to call her back tonight.

With that kind of rocker panel rust, 600 is crazy money. Sell that sucker as fast as you can.

One thing to consider, your sister's friend may feel cheated when someone points out the kinda shape it's in. Could get ugly.

I think the deal may have fallen thru, someone gave her some sort of truck... must be nice. It's ok.....I'm fine with keeping the wagon.

As far as the price, it's only about $100 high for around here and it's condition....... it's tough to find even a ragged out EA81 anything around her for less than $500...... I paid $400 for the car when I got it. EA82 cars are crazy money too..... $1500 is about the average price, $500 +/- .

if you have put that much work into it keep it

I really don't have much work into, but the fact is that it's a really solid driving car, I wouldn't hesitate jumping in it and driving it cross country (after I fix the axel). It's been on several long road trips and did fine on all, other than the fact it's auto and tachs like 4 grand @ 70mph I have no issues with the car.

i'd keep it on principle then i have a 94 chevy blazer it get ok gassmilage and has 192000 on it but it was my first car and it has only stranded me once so i keep it because evrey time any other car has died on me that truck has been there, it starts on the first try every time and purs like a kitten no matter how long it sits