Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm moving up in the world, I'm getting a legacy. the only problem is that it has studded tires on the rims. I need to get regular tires on there but don't have much money... would just any rim work or is this another subaru Specific?

or does anyone have a set that I could A: borrow or be Trade a set of studded tires for?

X

by the way I do have something posted in the marketplace but I found it is more effective that if you need something to ask a question on the board for what you need...

I hoping as this thing has studded tires and winter coming that someone will want the studded tires and be willing to trade... I know its a long shot. but even just the cheapo's will work....

I just need somthing until I get some money put aside...

I.E. Broker than California... I've got 21 dollars until next friday..

you could pull the studs out of the tires that you have now and, put some money away to get some used studded tires in the next couple of months. Used studded tires should start popping up on craigslist anytime now. The key thing is to get a tire with the correct diameter, along with wheels with the correct offset.

On my 94GT the street tires are mounted on 16" WRX wheels and I'm using 205/55/16 tires. That size is a little taller then the stock 185/70/14 tires that came on it, however my speedometer reads correctly with the taller tire. My studded tires are 195/60/15 and they're mounted on the Fugly steel forester wheels.

i don't konw, i haven't done it , but if the tires are off the car i bet you could do all 4 while watching somebody beat anybody in football on a sunday afternoon. :brow::banana:

Most likely... I'm gonna give it a shot... I'm also gonna talk to AArons AW, somebody told me they do wheels and tires super cheap