Ultimate Subaru Message Board

an evil cackle echoes throughout anchorage...

I haven't seen anything bigger than the stock 90-amp alternator on an EJ car, but I'm sure somebody's done it. Mine is new as of a month ago, so between that and my dual optima blue-tops, it should be able to keep up. Emphasis on should:rolleyes: . These are the same lights I ran on my 86 wagon, and they made the difference between going 20 mph and going 65 mph through the snow many times last year. The ones on the bottom are disposable...mounting them that low means less reflection in fog/snow, but I know I'll be replacing them several times. But at $15 each, that's ok. I put the Lightforce ones higher up, because at over $120 each, they're NOT disposable.

The D-ring on the front is welded to the stock pull-point that pokes out from the bumper. I know that the stock point is the weak link for sure...I was more concerned about getting a place I could fit a decent tow-strap through, and there isn't anything on the stock legacy, so I put on a huge-a$$ D-ring.

Next up on the list: Rear-facing floodlights and a tranny cooler:headbang: .

Kelly, The old car never looked better. With your dual battery set up and new alternator, you could probably put in an on-demand hot water dispenser for instant espresso on those long trips back and forth to Haines. Thanks for dropping off the shotgun. It doesn't seem to have been fired, so I'd imagine there was no run ins with big hairy animals, or your hold-ups of the local convenience stores were uneventful.:grin: