Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Went on a diet!

I have always wanted to see pictures like you posted. nice. Can I save one of them ?

Your photo revealed a hunch about a difference I found in the bellhousing- just in front of the shifter..on my 93 2wd. This difference, ironically, is where my dl broke the body on both sides. Can I use one of you photos for arrows and lines drawn for reference to my own loyale? :)

Can I use one of you photos for arrows and lines drawn for reference to my own loyale? :)

Yeah go ahead. I can take a better picture if u want. Just tell me how you want me to take it.

Thanks alot. I will post a thread with other stuff I found for loyale and gl differences worth noting. The definition at wikipedia "The Loyale is basically a GL-10 with a different name" really left me scratching my head.

After 9 years running a dl and 18 months in a loyale (nearly everyday mind you) there is several facts not even mentioned.

you were speaking of putting your car on a diet... strong steel in correct places can make it feel lighter.Even thin sheets in places that laminate (just 2 1/8th inch is 1/4 worth of steel- very very strong and still lightweight.) I would put another layer in fron of shifter and narrow it down out towards the sides where Subaru claims a jack fits nicely on the outside. (you know what I mean?)And if a wagon, the pillar behind rear doors, find a way to laminate that and "X" it to the front somehow above the roof liner, fitting hidden to the pillars that hold front door hinges. :)

bgd: i have an 87 GL-10 that is literally identical to your car. by GL, wikipedia meant the series as they came equipped with EA-82 engines.... if my understanding is correct anyhow. any model year subaru GL that came with an ea-82, i think, is identical to a loyale. the earlier GLs were like your old DL wagon. thats where your brain-itch came from in the wikipedia article. the GL they were talking about wasnt the vehicle you were thinking about.