Ultimate Subaru Message Board

115 mph rated 13 inch tires (90S)

bgd73

Can't go wrong with those Kumhos. My XT6 had them before I sold it. They are nice tires, and great for year round in all types of weather. Granted, snow tires would be best for snow, but they performed well in it.

I found those, must be a year ago now, and to date, I have found nothing in comparison. The price is very cheap! I need oversize and high rated- the kumho is only one apparently. In the sites review area, there are cars heavier that used them, with good reviews. To go easier than not on a lighter subaru loyale, those rating numbers should be even higher. :headbang:

I hope to go with them.. but ordering from the net seems extreme

I did get a glimpse of the sumitomos, but by the time the undersizing has the engine at 5k rpm, thier speed rating isn't even needed for me :-\

My 2wd could seriously use a 6th or taller fth gear.... big tires is the easy way out.long trips, low rpms, and speeding right along at mid 30's mpg, all behind my favorite boxer... if you passed me you would see me singing with a coffee mug in my hand. :grin:

Can't go wrong with those Kumhos. My XT6 had them before I sold it. They are nice tires, and great for year round in all types of weather. Granted, snow tires would be best for snow, but they performed well in it.

i have to agree that they are a good tire, but they don't last at all if you beat on them phil had them and he should agree but i have no complaints except that my suspension sucks

thats AWESOME, i had just come across that same tire and was thinking about buying a pair for the front of my soob. i live in florida, so my biggest priority is going to be wet traction... lots and lots of rain down here. the numbers seem to point towards them being good on tirerack... how do they fare in wet compared to other tires you've had??? i HATE spinning my tires loose in the rain, and they use this wonderful reflective paint to paint the thick white lines you stop at (before.) This wonderful paint just HAPPENS to have a virtually zero friction coefficient when it gets wet.......:mad: so I often find myself spinning up to 20 mph on the speedo, before i realize ive lost traction.. and then have to let off the gas, shift into second, and third by the time i hit 30.. and im stuck with the slow accel all the way up. this is just ONE of the reasons I hate my automatic. i dont believe in shifting it, but i finally found thru a thread on here that i guess i can go ahead and drop it into first at the redlight and allow it to shift when i want it... but that still makes me edgy.

i did NOT notice that they were rated at 115 mph. thanks for the post bgd, i found these tires like a week ago.. somewhere i posted about them, i think it was the "studded nokians" thread.

daeron: If your spinning in wet, the torque to the ground has many angles. A high suspension, bad suspension, alignment, among other things can cause it.The lower the better if you want to grip better. A 2wd is easy, 4wds have to stay up a bit more.My 2wd was an accident waiting to happen when I first got it. Suspension was too high in the front, giving it throttle gave it yet another weak angle to be riding the tire towards edges instead of full tread flat on the ground. The fatter the tire reveals it in any old soob. A softer sidewall can help, but lowers ratings.

I bet the kumhos at an "80" is pretty good to conform (185/80/13).

Anybody know of any better?