Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2005 Outback 2.5i = What's wrong with them??

Was looking around and it seems that the market is saturated with used

2005 Outback 2.5I.

What is wrong with this vehicle (if anything) that so many have been traded in??

All I can figure is the 4cyl = 175 hp , is not enough for some?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

There have been some problems with the stereo/HVAC controls. I have a friend who has had the entire unit replaced twice under warranty on his mom's 05 Legacy 2.5i. Since this is the first time Subaru has ever integrated the stereo and HVAC controls into one unit, they probably have some bugs that they need to work out.

As far as mechanical problems, I haven't heard of anything unusual. I've heard of a wheel bearing here and there, which is a typical Subaru thing, but that's about it.

Was looking around and it seems that the market is saturated with used

2005 Outback 2.5I.

What is wrong with this vehicle (if anything) that so many have been traded in??

All I can figure is the 4cyl = 175 hp , is not enough for some?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerly want to know where the market is saturated? Here in Oregon, you can't get one used. Only one or two show up on the market every week (and it's usually the same one or two because they ask so much for them) on dealer lots.

I will say that mine is extremely uncomfortable to drive, but then again, that is a well known attribute to post 2000 subiedoos. There is plenty of power, you just have to learn to play a tune, manually, on the tranny. Don't expect the tranny to do the driving for you. It is geared/programmed for fuel economy and dogs out the engine as a given.

Juan.

i see people dumping new cars all the time in the DC area, as i'm scanning every day. i'd blame the economy and high car payments before i blame the car. i know two people that lost their job this summer and bought new subaru's just before that. not fun. well i don't know what i'd blame, i'm not an expert, but i wouldn't suspect it's the vehicle. the 2005 2.5 is a great motor and subaru transmissions are solid, so i can't imagine people are dumping a fully warranted vehicle for any minor issues.