Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Comes around goes around. . .

A little story about how cool the Soob community is around here.

Out of the blue last week, Ed called to say he'd heard I needed fans for my radiator in my imp.. He then tells me that he's on his way to Pull a Part and that he would gladly pull some if he found them.

Later that day, I check in on the board to find two pms from Ed. The first saying that he had no luck at PaP, and that he'd check his "stash".

The second PM saying that he found two out in his pile. He dropped them off the next day with the pug wheel I requested. All for a very reasonable price.

They were for a legacy, so were different, but I got them in and they cool my car quite well.

Some few weeks ago, Tex had offered to help pull the wiring harness the donor legacy. I asked him about it last week, but it's getting pretty close to his really big day and he's pretty busy. No prob, I'm pretty busy too.

Mid-day yesterday I got a call from Noah. What the hell is Noah calling me for in the middle of the day?

"Afternoon Noah."

"Afternoon, I heard you need a wiring harness pulled."

So he comes down yesterday evening and pulled it for me. And when I offered to pay him, he refused it, saying that I'd probably given him a thing or two in the past. I'll pay him just he same. ;)

So, yeah whilst the Hatch Patrol seems to be limited to a once a year meet for an X-mas tree run to Greenwater and the WCSS, we're still a pretty tight knit group. Good stuff.

I'll generally always stop for a stranded soob on the side of the road to see what I can do...

and always willing to help out the fellow members when they need something, even if it's just somebody to pick up and hold onto something until they can pick it up or have it shipped...

these kinds of small communities are great... common interests are what keeps everybody's groups loosely connected...

--Spiffy

I was a volunteer at the Wicked Big Meet here in Mass. It was quite a gathering... somewhere in the neighborhood of 750+ cars... all new school, except me and my BRATs. At any rate, many people had the mic to express their 2 cents about the event. One individual's simple phrase hit me hard and fast and has stayed in my mind and heart ever since.

"Subarus come with friends."

Now, ain't that the truth? Love you all!

Mary