Ultimate Subaru Message Board

comes with gas shocks??

7point62fmj

I believe it does. If not, shocks from a 74 chevelle are what work. Just need to drill out the top holes a bit to get them to fit. You may want to get the best shocks available, from what I've heard from people running the chevelle shocks, it makes the rear end real soft, which bottoms out a bit.

no doubt they are way soft!(the chevelle shocks)they do make an air ride shock for the chevelle application that is adjustable.the softerr ones are the cheaper ones.the chevelles had springs in back if i am not mistaken.thats why.the rancho application is the better of what i have experienced.those are from a jeep tj?part number 5241.if i use those again i will not haul so much weight and blow them like before.(broken up concrete)from side jobs.i'm a *********************.:lol:

I cant remember how many times I've said this, but DO IT RIGHT, take the measurements, and then look up the shocks you need in a manufacturers specification chart, such as:

http://www.gorancho.com/docs/2005_specifications.pdf

Its not hard, trying to find a vehicle with similar specs to yours so you can order shocks for that other vehicle is just plain stupid and a waste of time. I've even asked that be put in the FAQ and its been ignored there but its a very frequently asked question.