Ultimate Subaru Message Board

<<Subaru's are made in either Lafayette IN, the legacy, outbacks and tribeca, and the impreza's are made in Gumma Japan, along with the forrester, those 2 cities are probably the east coast port of entry.>>

yup, NoahDL88 is correct, they are just ports. The Newport News port just closed and they moved to Baltimore. About 100 members of the SVX club toured the Lafayette plant a few years ago. I'm sure there running public tours there.

>

yup, NoahDL88 is correct, they are just ports. The Newport News port just closed and they moved to Baltimore. About 100 members of the SVX club toured the Lafayette plant a few years ago. I'm sure there running public tours there.

From what I understood from somebody on the tour it was special, done for the 10th anniversary of the SVX only and it isn't a typical thing they do. However, I bet if we asked nicely they'd do a USMB group tour. Ill try to ask the SVX owner who their club collaberated with.

Unfortunately, they have a plant where there really aren't very many Subaru fanatics. (Basically Chicago)

i wonder if the subaru tour is like the budwiser tour used to be whan you could go and drink beer for free??? maybe they'll let you drive a new car for a while, like maybe 200k miles.

It's not often that some one can say that Shawn is wrong when it comes to Subaru information, but...

Shawn you're wrong :-p

Here is a link to the Subaru of Indiana web site.

And a link for information on scheduling a tour.

Anyone that wants to go to Lafeyette can go on a tour, if you send in your request ahead of time.

Pontiac gave us a tour of their farfax plant for a few years, till they moved to Canada. This was for grand prixs. It was the national gathering that was set up everyyear (still is, but its not the same). I used to have a gtp. The tour was awesome. Its so cool to see all the machines and people going at it making different parts of the car come thogether. Also got some free parts ;)